Kylie Rae pulls out of NWA, indie dates due to relapse recovery

Everything that is happening in the wrestling world.
Big Red Machine

Kylie Rae pulls out of NWA, indie dates due to relapse recovery

Post by Big Red Machine » Oct 23rd, '21, 19:13

https://www.f4wonline.com/indies/kylie- ... ery-357171

By Josh Nason | @joshnason | Oct 23, 2021 8:43 am

Kylie Rae announced on Saturday that she is pulling out of her dates for NWA, AAW and Freelance Wrestling over the next two weeks so she can recover from a recent relapse situation.

Rae (Briana Sparrey) said she has been dealing with this situation since late-August and it has regressed since then.

"I have been having a difficult time differentiating what is real and what is fake, especially in these types of environments. Regretfully, I tried masking the pain through marijuana and alcohol," she wrote.

She apologized for any issues that might cause and by not being honest about using substances to work through her mental health struggles, followed by a statement of gratitude for those who have given their compassion and support for her.

Rae signed with the NWA this summer after working out an agreement with Impact Wrestling that made the deal possible. She retired in November 2020 after missing a Bound for Glory date with Deonna Purrazzo. later announcing her return in March of this year for Warrior Wrestling. All of that followed a departure from AEW in 2019 after a handful of appearances.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3

Thelone

Re: Kylie Rae pulls out of NWA, indie dates due to relapse recovery

Post by Thelone » Oct 24th, '21, 08:47

Yeah, she needs to call it quits at this point. I'm sure it's not as easy as "she can't handle the spotlight/fame", but it doesn't look like she had those anxiety/panic attacks/relapses before joining AEW in 2019, and you can't really put back the toothpaste in the tube now.