Randy Orton undergoes knee surgery. Revival go back to NXT for UE Challenge

Everything that is happening in the wrestling world.
cero2k
Site Admin

Randy Orton undergoes knee surgery. Revival go back to NXT for UE Challenge

Post by cero2k » May 18th, '18, 13:38

Source: f4wonline.com

-- Randy Orton is facing some time away from the ring after undergoing knee surgery.

WWE.com posted an article today announcing that Orton recently underwent successful surgery to repair a medial meniscus tear in his left knee, which is an issue he's been dealing with for several months. WWE didn't offer a timetable for when he'll be able to return.

“I’ve known I needed the surgery since late last year, but I’ve been waiting for the right time to get my knee cleaned out,” Orton said while speaking with WWE.com. “Right now was the right time.”

Orton didn't travel overseas for WWE's current European tour and hasn't wrestled since he faced Jeff Hardy at Backlash on May 6th, where he unsuccessfully challenged for Hardy's United States Championship. Orton held the title prior to losing it to Jinder Mahal in a fatal four-way match at WrestleMania 34, with Hardy winning it from Mahal as both switched brands in last month's Superstar Shakeup.

-- With them returning home from WWE's ongoing European tour, The Revival made a surprise appearance at last night's NXT house show in Oklahoma City.

Scott Dawson & Dash Wilder, who are two-time NXT Tag Team Champions, interrupted the current title holders when The Undisputed Era's Kyle O'Reilly & Roderick Strong called out the locker room and claimed to be the top guys in WWE. Dawson & Wilder then unsuccessfully challenged for O'Reilly & Strong's titles.

WWE uploaded a brief video of them answering O'Reilly & Strong's challenge:

The Revival were called up to the main roster in 2017 and debuted on the Raw after WrestleMania, but both Dawson and Wilder dealt with injury issues last year that set them back. They returned to Raw last December when Dawson came back from a ruptured bicep.

This weekend's NXT road tour will continue in Dallas, Texas tonight, with shows in San Antonio and Houston taking place over the next couple of days.

Big Red Machine

Re: Randy Orton undergoes knee surgery. Revival go back to NXT for UE Challenge

Post by Big Red Machine » May 18th, '18, 16:15

I MUST SEE THIS MATCH!
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3