WCW, ECW, UPW, etc
Big Red Machine

BRM Reviews 3PW Legends Collide

Post by Big Red Machine » Mar 6th, '13, 21:03

3PW Legends Collide (3/29/2003)- Philadelphia, PA

DAMIEN ADAMS vs. JOSH DANIELS- 5.25/10
Decent opener.

DA HIT SQUAD vs. ROADKILL & THE BLUE MEANIE (w/Mini Meanie)- 4.75/10
Some decent big-man stuff, but nothing special.

ROCKIN’ REBEL vs. MATT STRIKER (w/Joey Matthews & Rob Eckos)- was a fun comedy match, but it dragged on a bit too long.

FALLS COUNT ANYWHERE MATCH: Balls Mahoney vs. NOSAWA- 6/10
Most of the blood in this match came from slicing each other with pizza cutters, which I really hate. Other than that, the match was good, although I wish that they had used the Falls Count Anywhere stip for more than just the finish.

XAVIER vs. HOMICIDE- 7/10
Great showing from both men.

3PW HEAVYWEIGHT TITLE MATCH: “The Pit Bull” Gary Wolfe(c) vs. Joey Matthews (w/Rob Eckos & Matt Striker)- 2/10
Yet another under-delivering 3PW Heavyweight Title match. Matthews is by far the guy who has been the biggest breakout “star” (and I use the term loosely) in 3PW. He should have been made to look competitive. They should have made people think he actually had a chance to win it. They should have made this a loss that would help Matthews’ standing. Instead he loses a nine minute match (and the first five or so was just gaga, rather than actual action).

PANTIES & PASTIES MATCH WITH TODD GORDON AS SPECIAL GUEST REFEREE: Missy Hyatt vs. Jasmin St. Claire-no rating, eh segment.
The match only goes about three minutes, and Jasmin winds up winning after Todd Gordon knocks Missy out. Unfortunately, the camera missed this key moment in the match.

LAST MAN STANDING MATCH: Dusty Rhodes vs. Terry Funk vs. Abdullah the Butcher- DUD!
Old men stabbing each other? Check. Moronic finish? Check. It’s a 3PW main event all right!
The dumb finish in question saw the ref count Dusty down and declare Funk the winner… because after counting nine HE LOOKED AWAY FROM DUSTY BEFORE COUNTING TEN! How do you count someone down without f*cking looking to see if they are down?! Anyway, the ref decides that Funk is the winner… even though Abdullah the Butcher is also clearly standing up on the outside!

After the match Dusty gives the ref and Funk elbows, then Abby starts stabbing both Funk and Dusty and they give us the same pathetic “brawl” we got during the match. The announcers then put over the “incredible action” that we just saw in the main event while a significant portion of the crowd calls it what it really is: “Bullsh*t.”

Aside from Homicide vs. Xavier, this show sucked. After last month’s great show I thought 3PW was going to start to improve, but this the same crap that they gave us in all of 2002. Crappy main events full of guys who are past their prime stabbing each other, stupid finishes that make no sense and have no explanation at all, nothing being done to build towards the next show in any way, crappy title matches, and young guys not being allowed to rise above their station when a former ECW mainstay is involved. One positive thing on this show was that the commentary was much more tolerable than it has been in the past. It is still crappy, but at least they succeeded in being funny sometimes. Just when I thought they were turning the corner, 3PW is back to the same old sh*t.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3

cero2k
Site Admin

Re: BRM Reviews 3PW Legends Collide

Post by cero2k » Mar 6th, '13, 23:20

I honestly don't know why you keep watching these shows. surely there has to be better shows out there worth reviewing, hell, worth watching.

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Mar 7th, '13, 00:03

cero2k wrote:I honestly don't know why you keep watching these shows. surely there has to be better shows out there worth reviewing, hell, worth watching.
The last show was great and built to this one well so I figured I'd give this one a try. As for why I keep watching:
1. MATT STRIKER IS F*CKING HILARIOUS!
2. Homicide matches
3. 3PW is one of the only places that put guys like AJ and Daniels against the late 90's crop of indy stars like Joey Mathews and Devon Storm and guys like that.
4. Matt Striker
5. I really do enjoy guys like Josh Daniels, White Lotus, and Rob Eckos, and this is the only place to see them (well... Eckos I can see in TNA every week, but he is actually good here).
6. Matt Striker

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Mar 7th, '13, 00:11

Big Red Machine wrote:
cero2k wrote:I honestly don't know why you keep watching these shows. surely there has to be better shows out there worth reviewing, hell, worth watching.
The last show was great and built to this one well so I figured I'd give this one a try. As for why I keep watching:
2. Homicide matches
3. 3PW is one of the only places that put guys like AJ and Daniels against the late 90's crop of indy stars like Joey Mathews and Devon Storm and guys like that.
4. Matt Striker
5. I really do enjoy guys like Josh Daniels, White Lotus, and Rob Eckos, and this is the only place to see them (well... Eckos I can see in TNA every week, but he is actually good here).
6. Matt Striker
lol ok, it just seemed weird that a lot of shows get terrible reviews from you, yet you kept coming back

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Mar 7th, '13, 00:12

cero2k wrote:
Big Red Machine wrote:
2. Homicide matches
4. Matt Striker
6. Matt Striker
lol ok, it just seemed weird that a lot of shows get terrible reviews from you, yet you kept coming back
I can be a bit of a masochist at times when it comes to indy wrestling.

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Mar 7th, '13, 00:39

Big Red Machine wrote:
next thing you know, you're gonna start reviewing XPW

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Mar 7th, '13, 10:12

cero2k wrote:
Big Red Machine wrote:
next thing you know, you're gonna start reviewing XPW
East Coast XPW or West Coast XPW? East Coast XPW might not be so ultra-horrible. Chris Candido, Shane Douglas, Kronus, Matt Cross, Sabu...

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation