BRM Reviews ROH Supercard of Honor IV

All ROH Related Reviews and Discussions
Big Red Machine

BRM Reviews ROH Supercard of Honor IV

Post by Big Red Machine » Jan 22nd, '11, 20:17

ROH Supercard of Honor IV (4/3/2009)- Houston, TX

NIGEL MCGUINNESS BACKSTAGE PROMO: FREAKIN’ AWESOME!

ERICK STEVENS vs. RHETT TITUS- 5/10

6-MAN TAG TEAM MATCH: Kevin Steen, Jay Briscoe, & Magno vs. Incognito, Chris Hero, & Eddie Edwards (w/Shane Hagadorn)- 6.75/10. About two minutes into this match, the top rope broke. These guys did an awesome job of improvising, doing cool stuff like Magno doing a moonsault off of the ringpost

D’LO BROWN PROMO BACKSTAGE- pretty good, but nothing special.

RODERICK STRONG vs. KATSUHIKO NAKAJIMA- 8/10! AWESOME MATCH especially for a match this short. One of my top three matches under 11 minutes. If you love good wrestling, but have a short attention span, you’ll love this match. If you love good wrestling and don’t have a short attention span, you will still love this match.

BOBBY DEMPSEY vs. KAMALA (w/Shane Hagadorn & Kim Chee)- No Rating. This was a really fun segment.

4 CORNER SURVIVAL: Blue Demon Jr. vs. El Generico vs. Claudio Castagnoli vs. Brent Albright- 6/10.

ALEX KOSLOV vs. BRYAN DANIELSON- 6.75/10. Solid wrestling and oodles of fun (including Dragon Hulking up)!

COLT CABANA vs. D’LO BROWN-5/10. We got an interesting bit of cheating here with D’Lo locked in the Billy Goat’s Curse, he tapped out on Cabana’s leg, out of the ref’s line of site, so the ref couldn’t see or hear it, but Cabana could feel it. This caused Colt to break the hold because he thought he had won. It was something I hadn’t seen before. D’Lo then got the win following a shot with an International Object that he had hidden in his tights.

KENTA vs. DAVEY RICHARDS (w/Eddie Edwards)- 9.5/10! A match so good it got the fans to chant “F*CK WRESTLEMANIA!”

JIMMY JACOBS & AUSTIN ARIES vs. TYLER BLACK & NECRO BUTCHER- 7.25/10

ROH WORLD TITLE MATCH: Nigel McGuinness(c) vs. Jerry Lynn- 8.5/10

Overall, this is a show that is both great and fun! You should absolutely pick it up if you can find it.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3

cero2k
Site Admin

Re: BRM Reviews ROH Supercard of Honor IV

Post by cero2k » Jan 23rd, '11, 16:08

I actually have this show :D
Big Red Machine wrote: 6-MAN TAG TEAM MATCH: Kevin Steen, Jay Briscoe, & Magno vs. Incognito, Chris Hero, & Eddie Edwards (w/Shane Hagadorn)- 6.75/10. About two minutes into this match, the top rope broke. These guys did an awesome job of improvising, doing cool stuff like Magno doing a moonsault off of the ringpost
Kuddos to incognito and magno on improvising the rest of the match, considering that 85% of their moves requires a top rope.
Big Red Machine wrote: BOBBY DEMPSEY vs. KAMALA (w/Shane Hagadorn & Kim Chee)- No Rating. This was a really fun segment.
i've never thought i'd mark out for Kamala
Big Red Machine wrote: 4 CORNER SURVIVAL: Blue Demon Jr. vs. El Generico vs. Claudio Castagnoli vs. Brent Albright- 6/10.
IMO, you're being generous. Blue Demon sucked a** and Albright was at most decent. Castagnoli and Generico were on game.
Big Red Machine wrote: ALEX KOSLOV vs. BRYAN DANIELSON- 6.75/10. Solid wrestling and oodles of fun (including Dragon Hulking up)!
I really like this match, Koslov is just an amazing heel, he's cocky and fun to watch.
Big Red Machine wrote: KENTA vs. DAVEY RICHARDS (w/Eddie Edwards)- 9.5/10! A match so good it got the fans to chant “F*CK WRESTLEMANIA!”
f*ck wrestlemania indeed, this match was stupidly awesome. To quote Davey, "this is what Ring of Honor is all about"
Big Red Machine wrote: JIMMY JACOBS & AUSTIN ARIES vs. TYLER BLACK & NECRO BUTCHER- 7.25/10
ROH WORLD TITLE MATCH: Nigel McGuinness(c) vs. Jerry Lynn- 8.5/10
while these two matches were good, it was hard for me to follow them after KENTA vs Davey. The Jacobs/Aries vs Black/Butcher was all about jacobs and aries for me, it was their interaction in the match that kept me locked in. Nigel/Jerry actually lost me sometimes and i had to rewind, yet good wrestling nonetheless.