Just announced for WM Weekend Mike Bennett vs... LANCE STORM

All ROH Related Reviews and Discussions
Big Red Machine

Just announced for WM Weekend Mike Bennett vs... LANCE STORM

Post by Big Red Machine » Feb 20th, '12, 20:59

Source: www.ROHWrestling.com
It has been a long time since the highly-decorated Lance Storm has competed inside a Ring of Honor ring; two and a half years roughly, since “Death Before Dishonor VII” weekend where he first defeated Chris Hero & Davey Richards in a tag team bout with Kevin Steen as his partner then, one night later, was the victim of a KO from Hero.

Still that wasn’t the first time Storm had competed for ROH either as he challenged Bryan Danielson for the ROH World Title at “Better Than Our Best” on April 1, 2006 in a battle that Storm bills as one of the favorites of his career.

Lance Storm & ROH have an association that goes back a number of years, and as announced this weekend on “Ring of Honor Wrestling” TV, it’s one that will be renewed on March 30th at “Showdown in the Sun” when he returns to battle “The Prodigy” Mike Bennett!! Storm himself contacted ROH officials after watching TV these past few months and said out of all of the great wrestlers that he sees every week, Mike Bennett, despite all his potential, seriously needs some honor and respect taught to him

“This is a great opportunity for Lance Storm.” said the ever-arrogant Bennett, “A chance for him to hear the fans chant ‘you still got it’ and ‘welcome back’ and for him to get that feel good moment one more time. But that is all it will be Lance, just…one…moment. See this is Ring of Honor; this is my showcase, my stage to show the world why I’m the best damn entertainer this sport has ever seen and I will not have my spotlight leeched off of by you. You were great and your matches with Danielson and Hero were epic, but that last one was over two years ago Lance, and in that time your body has only gotten older while mine has been honed into a finely tuned wrestling machine. Maybe after Ft. Lauderdale, after what I put you through in front of the entire world on iPPV, you’ll seriously consider hanging up your boots, and don’t worry, my Maria will be there to see it first hand! Just keep your hands off her you pervert.”

Strong words from Bennett as he gets ready for his match-up with Lance Storm on March 30, 2012 at “Showdown in the Sun” coming live on iPPV from the War Memorial Auditorium in Ft. Lauderdale, FL. Lance Storm will certainly have his hands full that night because he will also apparently have Maria, the self-proclaimed First Lady of ROH, in his corner!

Don’t miss out on “Showdown in the Sun” when ROH shows the world why we are the absolute best professional wrestling on the planet! Tickets for the event are available right here at Ticketmaster or you can order the event live on iPPV via GoFightLive here!
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3

badnewzxl

Re: Just announced for WM Weekend Mike Bennett vs....LANCE S

Post by badnewzxl » Feb 20th, '12, 21:11

REALLY??!! MIKE BENNET? Storm's wrestled Bryan Danielson, then Chris Hero, and now MIKE BENNET? Yuk! :ymsick:

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Feb 20th, '12, 23:08

badnewzxl wrote:REALLY??!! MIKE BENNET? Storm's wrestled Bryan Danielson, then Chris Hero, and now MIKE BENNET? Yuk! :ymsick:
Hey, look on the the bright side: Maybe Bennett will learn something. If Lance calls up ROH and says "I want to wrestle a match" ROH will let him wrestle whoever he wants. He picked Bennett for a reason.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3

Lynas
Future Endeavored

Post by Lynas » Feb 21st, '12, 00:07

Big Red Machine wrote:
badnewzxl wrote:REALLY??!! MIKE BENNET? Storm's wrestled Bryan Danielson, then Chris Hero, and now MIKE BENNET? Yuk! :ymsick:
Hey, look on the the bright side: Maybe Bennett will learn something. If Lance calls up ROH and says "I want to wrestle a match" ROH will let him wrestle whoever he wants. He picked Bennett for a reason.
This! It's like the Ultimate Warrior vs Rick Rude feud. Rude spent the entire feud teaching Ultimate Warrior... perhaps Storm sees something in Bennett and knows how to bring it out.