BRM Reviews the 8/20/2021 ROH

All ROH Related Reviews and Discussions
Big Red Machine

BRM Reviews the 8/20/2021 ROH

Post by Big Red Machine » Aug 31st, '21, 23:02

BRIAN ZANE INTERVIEWS ROK-C & QUINN MCKAY- decent
They setting up a story where Quinn thinks that others don’t respect her wrestling skill because she’s an interview (they left it ambiguous as to whether that is the reality or just her perception of it).

ROH WOMEN’S WORLD TITLE TOURNAMENT QUARTERFINAL MATCH: Rok-C vs. Quinn McKay- 4/10
Quinn’s selling of her knee was quite inconsistent. Rok-C got the clean win, which was definitely the right call.

MIRANDA ALIZE PROMO- meh heel stuff

NICOLE SAVOY PROMO- Her words were kind of meh, but I thought she did a great job injecting a subtle reluctance into the idea that she was facing one of her best friends and would have to “put friendship aside,” as she put it.

ROH WOMEN’S WORLD TITLE TOURNAMENT QUARTERFINAL MATCH: Nicole Savoy vs. Miranda Alize- 5/10
Chelsea Green joined replaced Caprice on commentary for this match. She said nothing useful. Alize got the clean win. The announcers put it over as a second big upset in a row for her.

BOUNCERS & KEN DIX PROMO- bad
This was three guys barely above the undercard at best having forced friction and then trying to tell me that they’ll be “unstoppable” if they get on the same page. Yeah, right. These guys are the most glaring example of guy who ROH should just cut because they’re not good enough to be in ROH, aren’t going to draw in any way, and ROH just plain doesn’t have the extra TV time to spend on them.

DEMONIC FLAMITA PROMO- good

REY HORUS PROMO- bad
This is a grudge match and he’s cutting a “I’m going to show I’m a better wrestler than you” promo, but in the “grrr… I hate you!” voice.

NO DISQUALIFICATIONS MATCH: Demonic Flamita vs. Rey Horus- 7/10
This was a good grudge weapons match. They didn’t go crazy with the weapons, instead relying on ramping up to the big finish and making every move (and use of a weapon) count.

An okay show from ROH. That’s pretty much right where I am on the promotion as a whole, too.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3