BRM Reviews ROH Throwdown

All ROH Related Reviews and Discussions
Big Red Machine

BRM Reviews ROH Throwdown

Post by Big Red Machine » Apr 19th, '11, 00:34

ROH Throwdown (6/23/2006)- Detroit, MI

IRISH AIRBORNE vs. SHANE HAGADORN & KEITH WALKER- 4.5/10

ROH PURE TITLE MATCH: Nigel McGuinness(c) vs. Conrad Kennedy III- 4.75/10. I just wasn’t in to this one. Not sure why.

THE BRISCOE BROTHERS vs. ACE STEEL & COLT CABANA- 6.75/10

4 CORNER SURVIVAL: Samoa Joe vs. Delirious vs. Davey Richards vs. Jimmy Rave (w/The Embassy)- 8/10. Great stories running through this match.

FALLS COUNT ANYWHERE MATCH: Adam Pearce vs. Necro Butcher (w/Claudio Castagnoli)- 7/10/ Great brawl, some people might be upset with the finish, but it makes sense to me that a referee would throw a Falls Count Anywhere match out due to interference. The match is labeled “Falls Count Anywhere,” not No DQ’s, so if the ref feels that interference isn’t in the spirit of the match, he can throw the match out.

CLAUDIO CASTAGNOLI vs. HOMICIDE- 7.5/10

THREE WAY DANCE FOR THE ROH WORLD TITLE: Bryan Danielson(c) vs. BJ Whitmer vs. Jimmy Jacobs (w/Lacey)- 8/10.

KENTA vs. RODERICK STRONG- 8.25/10 (about as close to 8.5 as you can get without reaching it)

Overall, a great show from ROH. The top of the card really delivered.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3

badnewzxl

Re: BRM Reviews ROH Throwdown

Post by badnewzxl » Apr 19th, '11, 01:11

I know why you couldn't get into the Pure title match: Conrad Kennedy just wasn't on the appropriate level.

Glad you enjoyed this one; it's one of the first ROH DVD's I bought (bc, honestly, I want all of the one's from 2006 and I figured I'd start with the one's KENTA is on. I think the only two I don't have right now are In Your Face and the one where he teams with Davey to face Strong & Aries) and I REALLY enjoyed the World title match....

Big Red Machine

Re: BRM Reviews ROH Throwdown

Post by Big Red Machine » Apr 19th, '11, 03:18

badnewzxl wrote:I know why you couldn't get into the Pure title match: Conrad Kennedy just wasn't on the appropriate level.

Glad you enjoyed this one; it's one of the first ROH DVD's I bought (bc, honestly, I want all of the one's from 2006 and I figured I'd start with the one's KENTA is on. I think the only two I don't have right now are In Your Face and the one where he teams with Davey to face Strong & Aries) and I REALLY enjoyed the World title match....
I am also missing In Your Face, which is disappointing because I have almost all of the first 7 months of 2006. I think the DVD you are referring to might be Honor Invades Boston. It was really a one match show, but that one match (Strong & Aries vs. Davey & KENTA) was fantastic!
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3