BRM Reviews the 9/18/2020 ROH

All ROH Related Reviews and Discussions
Big Red Machine

BRM Reviews the 9/18/2020 ROH

Post by Big Red Machine » Sep 26th, '20, 19:40

JAY LETHAL PROMO FROM AFTER LAST WEEK’S WIN- good
He reiterates his desire to become the first-ever two-time ROH Pure Champion. He says he doesn’t care whether he faces Rocky Romero or David Finlay Jr. in the next round.

JONATHAN GRESHAM PROMO FROM AFTER LAST WEEK’S WIN- good
His destiny is to win the ROH Pure Title. He’s ready for whoever he has to face in the next round, be that Matt Sydal or Delirious.

DAVID FINLAY JR. VIDEO PACKAGE/PROMO- great!
He goes into his history, then frames the Pure Title for him as a chance to redeem himself for his failure to win gold the last time he was in an ROH ring, when he tore his labrum when he and Juice Robinson were challenging the Briscoes for the tag titles. He tells us about his history with Rocky Romeo, and then tells us what his finishers are. This was everything you need to know to make a decision about whether this person is someone you like or not.

ROCKY ROMERO VIDEO PACKAGE/PROMO- decent
Rocky will rely on his experience to beat Finlay.

ROH PURE TITLE TOURNAMENT FIRST ROUND MATCH: David Finlay Jr. vs. Rocky Romero- 6.75/10
Finlay worked the knee to set up his new leg submission while Rocky targeted Finlay’s surgically-repaired shoulder. The match was very good

MATT SYDAL VIDEO PACKAGE/PROMO- great!

DELIRIOUS VIDEO PACKAGE/PROMO- weird
This was a very different take on Delirious than we’ve ever seen before. I like the take (he’s crazy, but not in the wacky way. He’s thoughtful- even malicious, but just very strange), but I don’t like the fact that we suddenly have someone who is able to translate from Delirious language to English to create subtitles.

Also, I can’t help but think that “maybe I see a bigger picture that others are blind to” is a shot at those of us who criticized Delirious’ poor booking.

ROH PURE TITLE TOURNAMENT FIRST ROUND MATCH: Matt Sydal vs. Delirious- 6.5/10
Delirious worked the arm. Sydal worked the knee after Delirious landed funny. Sydal then won with the Cobra Stretch (not the Cobra Clutch, Ian).

Another good, fun, Pure Title tournament show.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3