ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3

cero2k
Site Admin

Re: ROH Manhattan Mayhem VI Hype

Post by cero2k » Jan 13th, '17, 14:54

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Feb 8th, '17, 22:08

Bucks defend against Lio Rush & Jay White, who have only wrestled one match before as a tag team, which they lost to the Briscoes. The website has an article on this which has only confused me more. Apparently Lio Rush is a member of a stable called Search & Destroy. I have never heard of this group before and have no idea who is in it (and the article didn't say, either).
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Feb 10th, '17, 08:04

Marry Scurll defends against Sonjay Dutt. Yes. Sonjay Dutt.

I feel like they're afraid Scurll will leave when his opt-out period comes, so they're not letting him beat anyone who isn't either in for a one-shot or about to leave.

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Feb 10th, '17, 11:09

Big Red Machine wrote:Marry Scurll defends against Sonjay Dutt. Yes. Sonjay Dutt.

I feel like they're afraid Scurll will leave when his opt-out period comes, so they're not letting him beat anyone who isn't either in for a one-shot or about to leave.

I was thinking about this and I don't particularly mind Dutt getting a title shot, I like when 'big names' come for a one shot and I rather have them build a champ than defeat some other dude because guests always have to look good. The 'hasn't earned a title shot' that i mind is for roster guys, who are they week in week out and haven't been involved, but bringing in someone from outside looks more like ROH is bringing in some competition for our champs while a contender from within comes up

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Feb 10th, '17, 11:27

cero2k wrote:
Big Red Machine wrote:Marry Scurll defends against Sonjay Dutt. Yes. Sonjay Dutt.

I was thinking about this and I don't particularly mind Dutt getting a title shot, I like when 'big names' come for a one shot and I rather have them build a champ than defeat some other dude because guests always have to look good. The 'hasn't earned a title shot' that i mind is for roster guys, who are they week in week out and haven't been involved, but bringing in someone from outside looks more like ROH is bringing in some competition for our champs while a contender from within comes up

I don't mind if it's a legit big name, but Sonjay Dutt is nowhere near a big enough name. Go Shiozaki gets a title shot for showing up. Maybach Taniguchi doesn't (and that's being nice to Sonjay).

The whole "guests always look good" thing is a misinterpretation, and that, too, only should be applied to big names. The way Lance Storm explains it is that it means less if you bring someone in and have them do the job twice than if you have them win the first match before losing the second, so that they are established as a threat and beating them is kept special rather than "anyone who faces this guy can beat him."

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Feb 16th, '17, 14:31

Castle vs. Cabana rematch announced.