BRM Reviews the 12/10/2016 ROH (Women of Honor Special II)

All ROH Related Reviews and Discussions
Big Red Machine

BRM Reviews the 12/10/2016 ROH (Women of Honor Special II)

Post by Big Red Machine » Dec 20th, '16, 15:03

DEONNA PURRAZZO vs. CANDICE LERAE- 5.5/10
Both of them cut babyface promos. For Deonna, I think this is the first time I’ve ever heard her talk, which is crazy when you realize that spent a chunk of the year appearing for WWE, TNA, and ROH all at the same time.
Deonna is very fluid in the ring and her promo was fine, but she hasn’t developed that in-ring charisma yet.

Ian Riccaboni mentioned some angle where Deonna and Mandy became friends and said I could see it on the VOD for Reloaded Tour 2016: Lockport. I bought that VOD, and it’s not there. Nor is it anywhere else on the website.

VEDA SCOTT & KENNADI BRINK vs. FAYE JACKSON & SUMIE SIKAI (w/Solo Darling)- DUD!
This match was dull for every part of it that didn’t include Faye Jackson, and the parts that did include Jackson were all a f*cking mess. Faye Jackson might be a black woman in a magenta and gold outfit, but the only color she looked today was glaringly bright green.
Solo Darling’s gimmick is that she is a furry who makes “magic tea.” GET THE F*CK OUT OF RING OF HONOR RIGHT NOW!

MANDY LEON PROMO- some set-up for this next match. Mandy’s delivery was good, but her verbiage of often bordered on being corny.

MANDY LEON vs. JESSICA HAVOK- 3.5/10
Overbooking happened which resulted in Mandy winning via roll-up but Havok laying both her and Deonna out with chokeslams.

ODB vs. KELLY KLEIN- 4.75/10
Can we please never use ODB again?

Another bad attempt at a Women of Honor show. The most frustrating thing about this show was that whenever they would show us clips from other Women of Honor matches, those clips all looked a million times cooler than the action we were getting on this show.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3