ROH No Longer Winter Warriors Tour Hype (TV SPOILERS Maybe?)

All ROH Related Reviews and Discussions
Big Red Machine

ROH No Longer Winter Warriors Tour Hype (TV SPOILERS Maybe?)

Post by Big Red Machine » Dec 13th, '16, 10:57

This might spoil part of the Decade of Excellence Tournament, or it's possible that they are just double-booking guys as they have been often while tournaments are going on, but they announced Lethal & O'Reilly vs. Cole & Cody for the Atlanta tapings.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3

Big Red Machine

Re: ROH No Longer Winter Warriors Tour Hype (TV SPOILERS Maybe?)

Post by Big Red Machine » Dec 13th, '16, 10:59

It wasn't until seeing this that I figured out why Cody joining Bullet Club bothers me so much. We now have what feels like three main singles heels in one stable. Yes, Cole & Omega basically flip who is major and who is minor depending what continent they're on, but Cole is still protected in Japan and Omega is still protected in the USA so they both feel important. Now, with Cody in here, it's yet another guy who could be getting singles heel focus that is just part of this big group that already has two leaders and doesn't need a third main event singles guy (fourth if you want to count Fale).
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3

cero2k
Site Admin

Re: ROH No Longer Winter Warriors Tour Hype (TV SPOILERS Maybe?)

Post by cero2k » Dec 13th, '16, 12:02

Big Red Machine wrote:It wasn't until seeing this that I figured out why Cody joining Bullet Club bothers me so much. We now have what feels like three main singles heels in one stable. Yes, Cole & Omega basically flip who is major and who is minor depending what continent they're on, but Cole is still protected in Japan and Omega is still protected in the USA so they both feel important. Now, with Cody in here, it's yet another guy who could be getting singles heel focus that is just part of this big group that already has two leaders and doesn't need a third main event singles guy (fourth if you want to count Fale).
I felt that since the beginning, (1) why add him to the stable and make such a huge fuzz about a guy only doing limited dates (according to everyone), and (2) you're setting this up so that either Cody gets overshadowed, or he overshadows the actual top guys of the club. Cody is not likely winning any titles in ether promotion, so he's just like Hangman Page in the sense that he's just another body, expect this one can't take pins