ROH Reloaded Tour Hype

All ROH Related Reviews and Discussions
User avatar
Big Red Machine
Posts: 19981
Joined: Dec 16th, '10, 15:12
Favorite Wrestler: Kane

Re: ROH Reloaded Tour Hype

Post by Big Red Machine » Sep 2nd, '16, 10:34

cero2k wrote:
Big Red Machine wrote: Which is silly when you think about it. I think the champ does a better service to the company by having long undercard match with a guy like White or Kamaitachi or Rush or Dijak and winning clean than he does in a pointless tag match at the top of the card.
and at this point it would be perfect, you have two guys look good, Cole gets a win in an easy night, builds the trios thing
I'm not saying it should be an easy night. He should be going fifteen minutes. He's the champ and he's trying to elevate a guy.


Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
WWE in 2005
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
TNA Victory Road 2008
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
ECW Guilty As Charged 1999

User avatar
Big Red Machine
Posts: 19981
Joined: Dec 16th, '10, 15:12
Favorite Wrestler: Kane

Re: ROH Reloaded Tour Hype

Post by Big Red Machine » Sep 2nd, '16, 10:37

Plus, the Trios thing will be sh*t anyway. Based on the Observer's description of the logic behind it, it's just like the way TNA books every division that isn't the world title: it's a title match or #1 contendership match intended to give meaning to a match that wouldn't otherwise have it, except that you can't do that by just making a title out of thin air because the title doesn't actually mean something. The best way to make the matches mean something is to have them matter to some sort of story, no matter how simple or how small.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
WWE in 2005
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
TNA Victory Road 2008
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
ECW Guilty As Charged 1999

User avatar
cero2k
Site Admin
Posts: 15882
Joined: Dec 16th, '10, 11:32
Favorite Wrestler: Eddie Guerrero
Location: El Paso, TX
Contact:

Re: ROH Reloaded Tour Hype

Post by cero2k » Sep 2nd, '16, 10:40

Big Red Machine wrote:
cero2k wrote:
Big Red Machine wrote: Which is silly when you think about it. I think the champ does a better service to the company by having long undercard match with a guy like White or Kamaitachi or Rush or Dijak and winning clean than he does in a pointless tag match at the top of the card.
and at this point it would be perfect, you have two guys look good, Cole gets a win in an easy night, builds the trios thing
I'm not saying it should be an easy night. He should be going fifteen minutes. He's the champ and he's trying to elevate a guy.
but 15 minutes in a 3 way is still a 'easy' night IMO, i'm assuming here that they would have a 3 way too as their partners
Image

User avatar
Big Red Machine
Posts: 19981
Joined: Dec 16th, '10, 15:12
Favorite Wrestler: Kane

Re: ROH Reloaded Tour Hype

Post by Big Red Machine » Sep 2nd, '16, 10:47

cero2k wrote:
Big Red Machine wrote:
cero2k wrote: and at this point it would be perfect, you have two guys look good, Cole gets a win in an easy night, builds the trios thing
I'm not saying it should be an easy night. He should be going fifteen minutes. He's the champ and he's trying to elevate a guy.
but 15 minutes in a 3 way is still a 'easy' night IMO, i'm assuming here that they would have a 3 way too as their partners
It's probably intended to build up the tag title match and they're not even thinking about the trios titles (because Delirious has shown that he is pretty much incapable of a more advanced style of booking where you actually kill more than one bird per stone).
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
WWE in 2005
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
TNA Victory Road 2008
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
ECW Guilty As Charged 1999

User avatar
Big Red Machine
Posts: 19981
Joined: Dec 16th, '10, 15:12
Favorite Wrestler: Kane

Re: ROH Reloaded Tour Hype

Post by Big Red Machine » Sep 7th, '16, 17:34

Mandy Leon & Deonna Purrazzo vs. Taeler Hendrix & Jessica Havok.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
WWE in 2005
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
TNA Victory Road 2008
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
ECW Guilty As Charged 1999

User avatar
Big Red Machine
Posts: 19981
Joined: Dec 16th, '10, 15:12
Favorite Wrestler: Kane

Re: ROH Reloaded Tour Hype

Post by Big Red Machine » Sep 12th, '16, 15:44

Lethal vs. Silas for 9/117
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
WWE in 2005
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
TNA Victory Road 2008
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
ECW Guilty As Charged 1999

User avatar
Big Red Machine
Posts: 19981
Joined: Dec 16th, '10, 15:12
Favorite Wrestler: Kane

Re: ROH Reloaded Tour Hype

Post by Big Red Machine » Sep 13th, '16, 17:03

Briscoes vs. ANX vs. War Machine vs. Silas Young & Beer City Bruiser signed for this Friday in Pittsburgh.

We're three days out from the show and only five matches have been announced. Also signed to appear are, ACH, Lio Rush, Will Ferrara, & Johnathon Gresham... which really disappoints me, as nothing has been made of ACH's big return after a successful tour of Japan (he and Ishimori won the NOAH Jr. Heavyweight Tag League). It also seems to be yet another indication that they have plans for Lio Rush other than to keep him away from EVOLVE.

Also signed to appear are Veda Scott, Mandy Leon, Taeler Hendrix, and Kelly Klein. Hopefully the lack of matches on the show means they will actually put the women on the main show and try to have an actual story with them.

But still, there is really no excuse for not having full cards announced for this weekend's show, especially when your last show was three weeks before).
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
WWE in 2005
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
TNA Victory Road 2008
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
ECW Guilty As Charged 1999

User avatar
cero2k
Site Admin
Posts: 15882
Joined: Dec 16th, '10, 11:32
Favorite Wrestler: Eddie Guerrero
Location: El Paso, TX
Contact:

Re: ROH Reloaded Tour Hype

Post by cero2k » Sep 14th, '16, 09:21

Big Red Machine wrote:Briscoes vs. ANX vs. War Machine vs. Silas Young & Beer City Bruiser signed for this Friday in Pittsburgh.

We're three days out from the show and only five matches have been announced. Also signed to appear are, ACH, Lio Rush, Will Ferrara, & Johnathon Gresham... which really disappoints me, as nothing has been made of ACH's big return after a successful tour of Japan (he and Ishimori won the NOAH Jr. Heavyweight Tag League). It also seems to be yet another indication that they have plans for Lio Rush other than to keep him away from EVOLVE.

Also signed to appear are Veda Scott, Mandy Leon, Taeler Hendrix, and Kelly Klein. Hopefully the lack of matches on the show means they will actually put the women on the main show and try to have an actual story with them.

But still, there is really no excuse for not having full cards announced for this weekend's show, especially when your last show was three weeks before).
chicks are in a 3-on-3 match
Image

User avatar
Big Red Machine
Posts: 19981
Joined: Dec 16th, '10, 15:12
Favorite Wrestler: Kane

Re: ROH Reloaded Tour Hype

Post by Big Red Machine » Sep 14th, '16, 09:58

cero2k wrote:
Big Red Machine wrote:Briscoes vs. ANX vs. War Machine vs. Silas Young & Beer City Bruiser signed for this Friday in Pittsburgh.

We're three days out from the show and only five matches have been announced. Also signed to appear are, ACH, Lio Rush, Will Ferrara, & Johnathon Gresham... which really disappoints me, as nothing has been made of ACH's big return after a successful tour of Japan (he and Ishimori won the NOAH Jr. Heavyweight Tag League). It also seems to be yet another indication that they have plans for Lio Rush other than to keep him away from EVOLVE.

Also signed to appear are Veda Scott, Mandy Leon, Taeler Hendrix, and Kelly Klein. Hopefully the lack of matches on the show means they will actually put the women on the main show and try to have an actual story with them.

But still, there is really no excuse for not having full cards announced for this weekend's show, especially when your last show was three weeks before).
chicks are in a 3-on-3 match
There's only four women listed. Who else did they book?
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
WWE in 2005
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
TNA Victory Road 2008
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
ECW Guilty As Charged 1999

User avatar
cero2k
Site Admin
Posts: 15882
Joined: Dec 16th, '10, 11:32
Favorite Wrestler: Eddie Guerrero
Location: El Paso, TX
Contact:

Re: ROH Reloaded Tour Hype

Post by cero2k » Sep 14th, '16, 10:03

Big Red Machine wrote:
cero2k wrote: chicks are in a 3-on-3 match
There's only four women listed. Who else did they book?
Just signed for September 16th:

KELLY KLEIN, BRITT BAKER & VEDA SCOTT VS. FAYE JACKSON, MANDY LEON & CRAZY MARY DOBSON
Image

User avatar
Big Red Machine
Posts: 19981
Joined: Dec 16th, '10, 15:12
Favorite Wrestler: Kane

Re: ROH Reloaded Tour Hype

Post by Big Red Machine » Sep 14th, '16, 10:51

Rest of the card for Pittsburgh is Coleman vs. Rush, Gresham vs. Delirious, and Ferrara vs. ACH.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
WWE in 2005
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
TNA Victory Road 2008
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
ECW Guilty As Charged 1999

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests