LAX v. KoW 3/19!

All ROH Related Reviews and Discussions
badnewzxl

LAX v. KoW 3/19!

Post by badnewzxl » Mar 1st, '11, 19:11

source: rohwrestling.com

That was the scene that went down Saturday after the ROH World Tag Champions The Kings of Wrestling (Chris Hero & Claudio Castagnoli) beat The All Night Express (Rhett Titus & Kenny King) to retain the ROH World Tag Titles and continue their record setting title reign.

Following that confrontation, ROH officials are now excited to announce that “The Notorious 187” Homicide has put in a call and on March 19, 2011 at “Manhattan Mayhem IV”, he will reunite with Hernandez inside The Manhattan Center!

And as if that reunion was not enough, Homicide & Hernandez will take on the reigning ROH World Tag Champions in a non-title bout to see if the KoW can continue to back up their boastful words! Homicide & Hernandez have been champions in their own right, and if there’s any man who can match Claudio Castagnoli’s power, it is certainly Hernandez. Will the 5150 reign supreme when “The Notorious 187” comes home? Or will the KoW continue their reign of dominance over the entire tag team wrestling scene? Get your tickets now to see it firsthand: http://www.rohstore.com/index.php?dispa ... uct_id=208!
[youtube][/youtube]

Rabid619

Re: LAX v. KoW 3/19!

Post by Rabid619 » Mar 1st, '11, 19:46

Oh sh*t, i wanna see this!!!!!!!!!!!!

badnewzxl

Post by badnewzxl » Mar 1st, '11, 20:13

Rabid619 wrote:Oh sh*t, i wanna see this!!!!!!!!!!!!
you and me both, brothah!

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Mar 1st, '11, 23:08

i just marked out like a 10-yr old boy at xmas

BTW, i talk spanish, and still i only understood half of what Homicide said...

Cactus Jack Manson

Post by Cactus Jack Manson » Mar 2nd, '11, 02:31

I saw this yesterday. Are we sure it Hernandez??? I thought he recently came back to TNA a couple of months ago.
R.I.P. Randy Mario Poffo, aka Randy "Macho Man" Savage
11/15/52 - 5/20/11

badnewzxl

Post by badnewzxl » Mar 2nd, '11, 03:07

Cactus Jack Manson wrote:I saw this yesterday. Are we sure it Hernandez??? I thought he recently came back to TNA a couple of months ago.
there's a pic on rohwrestling.com; in the newswire. It's Hernendez....

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Mar 2nd, '11, 12:31

Cactus Jack Manson wrote:I saw this yesterday. Are we sure it Hernandez??? I thought he recently came back to TNA a couple of months ago.
I was wondering the same thing, last time i heard ROH and TNA were not in good terms.

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Mar 2nd, '11, 14:27

cero2k wrote:
I was wondering the same thing, last time i heard ROH and TNA were not in good terms.
They both seem to give off this impression, but I think they are on better terms than they appear to be.

I know that ROH was pissed about TNA making them change the finish to KoW vs. MCMG, but since then ROH let TNA have Jerry Lynn and TNA sent the Young Bucks over to ROH for a double shot, and things seem to be doing fine. Also, the two companies have managed to work together pretty closely in the past, doing things that require A LOT of cooperation (like keeping Daniels' release a secret, until he showed up at The Big Bang!).
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3

Rabid619

Post by Rabid619 » Mar 2nd, '11, 17:11

Big Red Machine wrote:
They both seem to give off this impression, but I think they are on better terms than they appear to be.

I know that ROH was pissed about TNA making them change the finish to KoW vs. MCMG, but since then ROH let TNA have Jerry Lynn and TNA sent the Young Bucks over to ROH for a double shot, and things seem to be doing fine. Also, the two companies have managed to work together pretty closely in the past, doing things that require A LOT of cooperation (like keeping Daniels' release a secret, until he showed up at The Big Bang!).
Don't forget that Daniels is wrestling as Suicide again in TNA. Its a shame he can't wrestle as himself.

badnewzxl

Post by badnewzxl » Mar 2nd, '11, 17:23

Rabid619 wrote:
Big Red Machine wrote:

Don't forget that Daniels is wrestling as Suicide again in TNA. Its a shame he can't wrestle as himself.
you're not being serious right? Isn't Kiyoshi under the mask now?

Rabid619

Post by Rabid619 » Mar 2nd, '11, 17:49

badnewzxl wrote:you're not being serious right? Isn't Kiyoshi under the mask now?
You didn't know about that? Well basically Daniels is working as Suicide again with ROH's blessing.

badnewzxl

Post by badnewzxl » Mar 2nd, '11, 17:51

Rabid619 wrote:
badnewzxl wrote:you're not being serious right? Isn't Kiyoshi under the mask now?
You didn't know about that? Well basically Daniels is working as Suicide again with ROH's blessing.
yer yankin my chain; is he really? I wonder why then didn't he lose the tv title at the 9th Anniversary show :-?

Rabid619

Post by Rabid619 » Mar 2nd, '11, 18:45

badnewzxl wrote:yer yankin my chain; is he really? I wonder why then didn't he lose the tv title at the 9th Anniversary show :-?
Yes he really is. I don't think its such a great idea for him. As Suicide he's not getting much of a push and he's not really being recognized as Christopher Daniels which is a shame since he's done so much for TNA so he should be on TV as himself. My guess is that ROH said yes because TNA wasn't going to be using him that much.

badnewzxl

Post by badnewzxl » Mar 2nd, '11, 19:57

Rabid619 wrote:
badnewzxl wrote:yer yankin my chain; is he really? I wonder why then didn't he lose the tv title at the 9th Anniversary show :-?
Yes he really is. I don't think its such a great idea for him. As Suicide he's not getting much of a push and he's not really being recognized as Christopher Daniels which is a shame since he's done so much for TNA so he should be on TV as himself. My guess is that ROH said yes because TNA wasn't going to be using him that much.
The deal was prolly that TNA could use Daniels so long as he wasn't Daniels; Suicide would be fine, maybe even Curry Man. But I don't understand why TNA wants Suicide back; is it another thing the network really likes? Cuz most fans think it's dumb as hell!

Cactus Jack Manson

Post by Cactus Jack Manson » Mar 3rd, '11, 17:53

badnewzxl wrote:
The deal was prolly that TNA could use Daniels so long as he wasn't Daniels; Suicide would be fine, maybe even Curry Man. But I don't understand why TNA wants Suicide back; is it another thing the network really likes? Cuz most fans think it's dumb as hell!
TNA can use Suicide really. It doesn't matter to me who is under the mask, as long as the wrestler underneath the mask is great at what he does.
11/15/52 - 5/20/11

ECWFlairfan

Post by ECWFlairfan » Mar 3rd, '11, 19:58

Wouldn't it be cool if Daniels won the ROH World title as himself & the TNA World title as Suicide? I would mark out major...

badnewzxl

Post by badnewzxl » Mar 3rd, '11, 20:43

ECWFlairfan wrote:Wouldn't it be cool if Daniels won the ROH World title as himself & the TNA World title as Suicide? I would mark out major...
he should at least win the X Div title and unmask to reveal himself as Christopher Daniels....

Rabid619

Post by Rabid619 » Mar 3rd, '11, 21:33

badnewzxl wrote:he should at least win the X Div title and unmask to reveal himself as Christopher Daniels....
I like this idea because it could give him a push AND it would mean that the Suicide character would be gone. It would force TNA to use the people they had under the mask. Thats my hope at least.

Cactus Jack Manson

Post by Cactus Jack Manson » Mar 3rd, '11, 22:37

Rabid619 wrote:
badnewzxl wrote:he should at least win the X Div title and unmask to reveal himself as Christopher Daniels....
I like this idea because it could give him a push AND it would mean that the Suicide character would be gone. It would force TNA to use the people they had under the mask. Thats my hope at least.
I think it would be a step back. He's proven himself as X-Division Champion. That title needs to be held by someone else to let the people like Kaz & Daniels move up to world title contention.
11/15/52 - 5/20/11

badnewzxl

Post by badnewzxl » Mar 4th, '11, 00:33

Cactus Jack Manson wrote:
Rabid619 wrote:
I think it would be a step back. He's proven himself as X-Division Champion. That title needs to be held by someone else to let the people like Kaz & Daniels move up to world title contention.
at the moment, the main event picture is already crowded enough: Sting, Hardy, Anderson, RVD, Angle, and Morgan; then you've got Pope, Joe, AJ, and Abyss running around. I don't think there's much room for anyone else in there any time soon. Having Daniels, Lethal, Williams, and Kaz still in the X Division gives that division a backbone it needs; the Bucks and Machine Guns are much more valuable to TNA as tag teams and Robbie E, Kendrick, and Red could use some help with the X Div...