BRM Reviews ROH's Nowhere to Run

All ROH Related Reviews and Discussions
Big Red Machine

BRM Reviews ROH's Nowhere to Run

Post by Big Red Machine » Dec 16th, '10, 22:44

ROH Nowhere to Run- (5/14/2005) Chicago, IL

BRYAN DANIELSON PROMO- Good. Dragon says that if he doesn’t win the World Title, nothing else he has done in ROH will matter. Dragon is then interrupted by Alex Shelley who is looking for a tag team partner for his match against Generation Next, and tires to recruit Dragon. Dragon blows him off, saying “all I care about is the ROH World Title.”

JAMES GIBSON PROMO- GREAT!… Shelley then comes up to Gibson and tries to recruit Gibson to be his tag team partner tonight. Gibson refuses.

AUSTIN ARIES PROMO- Great. Aries talks about his self-imposed EXTREMELY tough schedule as ROH World Champion.

Finally, the in-ring action:

BJ WHITMER vs. JAMES GIBSON- 7/10! Really good opener, and just a great wrestling match!

EMBASSY SEGMENT- Eh.

JIMMY JACOBS vs. CHAD COLLYER- 5.75/10 Some good wrestling, but nothing special or too exciting.

ALEX SHELLEY PROMO- very good. Then we get some comedy from Shelley and Delirious, in which Shelley gets Delirious to team with him.

HOMICIDE vs. DOUG WILLIAMS- 7.5/10. More good and enjoyable wrestling. The action in this match kind of exploded out of nowhere, but they did it in a way that worked

ALEX SHELLEY & DELIRIOUS vs. RODERICK STRONG & JACK EVANS- 7.25/10. Really good match. I LOVE the combination of Evans & Roddy
After the match, Roddy won’t let Delirious out of the Stronghold after he taps. Shelley hits both members of Gen Next with a chair. This was good storyline development (Shelley is trying to prove to the ROH lockerroom that he can be trusted).

COLT CABANA vs. NIGEL MCGUINNESS- 6.75/10. This was the match where this turned from a rivalry into a feud, and you could tell right where it happened. Nigel and Colt sold it very well, too, as you could easily see both the pace and aggressiveness pick up.

Wow. With his beard, black cloak, and the Imperial March as entrance music, Danielson seems a lot like some sort of evil wizard.
ROH WORLD TITLE MATCH: Austin Aries(c) vs. Bryan Danielson- 8.25/10. Great match with some great psychology, but these two have had better matches against each other.
Dragon refuses to shake Aries’ hand, and walks off.

After the match, Joe shows up, and we get a good segment between Aries and Joe, ending in Aries attacking Joe, but eating a Muscle Buster.

SHELLEY PROMO- good

An interviewer catches Dragon as he is walking out the back entrance. The interviewer asks Dragon why he didn’t shake hands with Aries. Dragon replies “After not being able to win the World Title tonight, everything I have done here means nothing. I quit.” Dragon walks out of the arena, and out of ROH.

STEEL CAGE MATCH: CM Punk vs. Jimmy Rave- 8.75/10. AWESOME MATCH, and it absolutely rocked as way to finish this feud. Nana and Jade Chung both managed to get involved, and Punk got revenge on both of them, too.
Powder to the eyes by Nana- GENIUS! Great match with a great pacing.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3

cero2k
Site Admin

Re: BRM Reviews ROH's Nowhere to Run

Post by cero2k » Dec 17th, '10, 18:16

This sounds like something I wanna watch.