Matches announced

All ROH Related Reviews and Discussions
Big Red Machine

Re: Matches announced

Post by Big Red Machine » Feb 9th, '11, 12:18

Generico vs. Homicide announced for 2/25 in Dayton. Also, that show has been named World's Greatest.]

Announced for the 9th Anniversary Show:
ROH TV Title match: Christopher Daniels(c) vs. Eddie Edwards- 2 out of 3 Falls with a 30 minute time limit. This smells like overbooking to me. I am calling it now: Eddie gets the first fall, Daniels gets the second, and then they go to time.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Feb 9th, '11, 15:31

Big Red Machine wrote:Generico vs. Homicide announced for 2/25 in Dayton. Also, that show has been named World's Greatest.]

Announced for the 9th Anniversary Show:
ROH TV Title match: Christopher Daniels(c) vs. Eddie Edwards- 2 out of 3 Falls with a 30 minute time limit. This smells like overbooking to me. I am calling it now: Eddie gets the first fall, Daniels gets the second, and then they go to time.
so they have to cover 3 falls in 30 minutes??? it sounds possible, but it will be quick booking, not much "working the injury" unless they do something the previous show.

I wouldn't wanna bury Eddie, but Daniels should take both straight pins to avoid the third fall and be able to have a decent paced match.

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Feb 16th, '11, 11:06

Announced for the 9th Anniversary Show in Chicago on 2/26:

DEATH REY vs. MSCHIF!!!!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Feb 16th, '11, 12:24

Big Red Machine wrote:Announced for the 9th Anniversary Show in Chicago on 2/26:

DEATH REY vs. MSCHIF!!!!
:-o -> =p~

badnewzxl

Post by badnewzxl » Feb 16th, '11, 13:03

this show is gonna be DAMN good; prolly GREAT! Both tag matches will prolly be excellent, the WOH match will be great and the main event as well. Who's Generico facing?

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Feb 17th, '11, 12:17

Final match announced for 9th Anniversary Show:
Four Corner Survival: Corino vs. Grizzly Redwood vs. Kyle O'Reilly vs. Mike Bennett

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Feb 17th, '11, 18:22

Big Red Machine wrote:Final match announced for 9th Anniversary Show:
Four Corner Survival: Corino vs. Grizzly Redwood vs. Kyle O'Reilly vs. Mike Bennett
i haven't seen ROH in a while, was Bennett worth the hype??

BTW, Corino seems kinda off in that match :p

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Feb 18th, '11, 00:31

cero2k wrote:
Big Red Machine wrote:Final match announced for 9th Anniversary Show:
i haven't seen ROH in a while, was Bennett worth the hype??

BTW, Corino seems kinda off in that match :p
Haven't watched the TV in about a month and a half. I saw one match of his, and it was pretty much a squash. I need to get back into the TV show.

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

kirbs2002

Post by kirbs2002 » Feb 21st, '11, 18:48

Straight from --ROHWrestling.com--
The Homicide and Roderick Strong situation is heating up following the events of last week’s episode of “ROH on HDNet” as seen above! Since then, the World Champion’s “Life Intervention Expert” Truth Martini has had meetings with ROH management in an attempt to make some changes to the World Title bout this Saturday night in Chicago on behalf of his client.

At the request of Strong, Martini has gone out of his way to get ROH officials to abolish the rules and have this title match contested under a No Holds Barred stipulation! Strong was quoted as saying that after the brawl from ROH on HDNet, “You embarrassed me Homicide! You embarrassed me when you stripped me down in front of the world, and now I want to embarrass you! I want to embarrass you in your own world, a world where you obviously have no respect, no class, and follow no rules. Just like the streets you come from Homicide; I want this match to have no rules so I can embarrass you like you embarrassed me!”

ROH officials had been very hesitant to give into Martini & Strong’s request given that they speculate this could be an attempt for Strong to ensure Michael Elgin & Martini can get involved.

Yet when contacted about the stipulation of No Holds Barred Homicide stated, “Hell yeah I’ll take it to the streets Roderick. If you’re brave enough to put your belt up in that kinda match, a match where I’m king, then it looks like Saturday night will be no holds barred; a street fight Roddy….barrio style! And I don’t give a damn if your boys get involved, let ‘em try, cause believe me Roderick, ain’t nothing stopping me from I kickin’ your ass and take my belt back.”

That being said, ROH officials complied, and now THIS SATURDAY on 2/26 at the “9th Anniversary Show” live on iPPV it will be ROH World Champion Roderick Strong vs. “The Notorious 187” Homicide for the ROH World Championship in a No Holds Barred Barrio Street Fight! Order it now at GoFightLive.TV if you can’t be there in person (http://www.gofightlive.tv/Events/Fight/ ... y_Show/920), or order your tickets now and pick them up at the door Saturday night: http://www.rohstore.com/index.php?dispa ... uct_id=201!
tl;dr version:
Hidden text.
Roderick Strong vs. Homicide at the 9th Anniversary Show will be No Holds Barred
Reality TV is faker than "fake" wrestling!

"The views that I'm about to express are not necessarily those of anyone else but myself, but they ought to be and, in fact, they probably are"

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Feb 22nd, '11, 01:58

It was announced today that Eddie Edwards will face the winner of Homicide vs. Roddy at Manhattan Mayhem IV on March 19th, and that the winner of that match would take on Christopher Daniels on April 1st in Atlanta.

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation