Kingston's injury going into Nigh Noon

PWG, MLW, AAW, WWN, etc
Big Red Machine

Kingston's injury going into Nigh Noon

Post by Big Red Machine » Dec 5th, '11, 08:50

Was this legit or not? If it was, props to Eddie for wrestling the match. If it wasn't props to Eddie and CHIKARA for working me so well... but it is really eating at me. A work or not?
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3

cero2k
Site Admin

Re: Kingston's injury going into Nigh Noon

Post by cero2k » Dec 5th, '11, 11:32

I think it was a partial work. there might be something there, but not serious at all. otherwise, Kingston wouldn't be walking after what Quack did in that match. and I wanna think that Chikara would be smarted to run THAT match with him really injured. but then again, Amasis might come back for his mask.

also, i don't wanna take over your topic, but do you think that Quack could go heel after High Noon?? he was playing a heelish game during the match, and everyone (including the roster) was clearly behind Kingston.

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Dec 5th, '11, 12:06

cero2k wrote:I think it was a partial work. there might be something there, but not serious at all. otherwise, Kingston wouldn't be walking after what Quack did in that match. and I wanna think that Chikara would be smarted to run THAT match with him really injured. but then again, Amasis might come back for his mask.

also, i don't wanna take over your topic, but do you think that Quack could go heel after High Noon?? he was playing a heelish game during the match, and everyone (including the roster) was clearly behind Kingston.
When he went to the eyes, I thought he was going to. If you look at my comments in the High Noon Discussion thread, I thought I was watching possibly the most devastating (to the fans) heel turn since Hogan in 96. Quack turning heel is just so unthinkable that a piece of me would die inside if he did.

I have been thinking about fantasy booking it, but I really can't figure out where to go with it, without hitting on the old chliche where a babyface student (likely Jigsaw or Green Ant) brings him back from the brink of evil heelness.

I will have something up soon though. My parents are making me rake the damn leaves, so I should have a bunch of time to figure it out.

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Dec 5th, '11, 15:13

Big Red Machine wrote:
cero2k wrote:I think it was a partial work. there might be something there, but not serious at all. otherwise, Kingston wouldn't be walking after what Quack did in that match. and I wanna think that Chikara would be smarted to run THAT match with him really injured. but then again, Amasis might come back for his mask.

When he went to the eyes, I thought he was going to. If you look at my comments in the High Noon Discussion thread, I thought I was watching possibly the most devastating (to the fans) heel turn since Hogan in 96. Quack turning heel is just so unthinkable that a piece of me would die inside if he did.

I have been thinking about fantasy booking it, but I really can't figure out where to go with it, without hitting on the old chliche where a babyface student (likely Jigsaw or Green Ant) brings him back from the brink of evil heelness.

I will have something up soon though. My parents are making me rake the damn leaves, so I should have a bunch of time to figure it out.
that's the cool thing about Chikara, you can book supernatural powers and artifacts to make people heel

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Dec 5th, '11, 16:59

cero2k wrote:
Big Red Machine wrote:

that's the cool thing about Chikara, you can book supernatural powers and artifacts to make people heel
But that won't work here. Having someone like Quack turn heel... then have it turn out to be mind control is such a BS thing to do. If you are going to turn someone like Quack, it has to sting. It has to hurt the fans personally. He is such a hero that the only way to make the story emotional is if the turn comes from him.

Just about the only things I can figure out for this angle would be that Jigsaw, Kingston, and Vin Gerard will all play big roles, either in the overall direction of CHIKARA, or in Quack's story personally, but I am having trouble figuring out who would fit in where.

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Dec 5th, '11, 17:30

Big Red Machine wrote:
But that won't work here. Having someone like Quack turn heel... then have it turn out to be mind control is such a BS thing to do. If you are going to turn someone like Quack, it has to sting. It has to hurt the fans personally. He is such a hero that the only way to make the story emotional is if the turn comes from him.

Just about the only things I can figure out for this angle would be that Jigsaw, Kingston, and Vin Gerard will all play big roles, either in the overall direction of CHIKARA, or in Quack's story personally, but I am having trouble figuring out who would fit in where.
it could be one of those turns where Quack questions his whole career because even when he's the master of 1000 holds, he can't beat a low life brawler like Kingston, so Kingston becomes the stone in his shoe. He would slowly start to use illegal moves until he completely changes his overall wrestling style into a naitch or guerrero like style. This will make the fans start to boo him, which eventually brings a turn on the fans saying they chanting for him doesn't win him titles, you all don't know what it means to work all your life for something and then have it stolen by a thug like Kingston. Jigsaw would try to make him reconsider his words, then he would turn on saw saying something like the only reason your relevant is because you've been grabbing on my shadow all these years, starting his second heel feud. Vin Gerard i have no idea

Lynas
Future Endeavored

Post by Lynas » Dec 6th, '11, 05:56

cero2k wrote:
Big Red Machine wrote:

it could be one of those turns where Quack questions his whole career because even when he's the master of 1000 holds, he can't beat a low life brawler like Kingston, so Kingston becomes the stone in his shoe. He would slowly start to use illegal moves until he completely changes his overall wrestling style into a naitch or guerrero like style.
You have no idea how much I like your idea, adapting and using a rope or an eye rake or just getting dirtier...

But it's too slow, not personal enough. Like Big Red said, it has to hurt each fan personally, it almost (not definitely) has to have an instant ouch (like Hogan '96) and then play out from there... a slow burn will make it less dramatic.

yourcrapsweak

Post by yourcrapsweak » Dec 12th, '11, 15:50

I'm pretty sure it was a work, because at Cage of Death a few weeks later, he was totally fine.
"I was trending worldwide on Twitter once. And then I looked in my wallet, and there was no money in there."
-Kevin Steen

yourcrapsweak

Post by yourcrapsweak » Dec 26th, '11, 21:57

Yep this was a work. I just saw Maiden Flight of the Great Condor and Vin Gerard was the one who injured Kingston's leg in their match. Damn he worked us good!
"I was trending worldwide on Twitter once. And then I looked in my wallet, and there was no money in there."
-Kevin Steen