New Experience Wrestling

PWG, MLW, AAW, WWN, etc
Sassafras

New Experience Wrestling

Post by Sassafras » Jul 2nd, '11, 10:13

Hey, guys. Sassafrizzle reporting for duty. What duty? To tell all you wrestling purists about the best indie wrestling promotion in the American South: New Experience Wrestling.

The other day, I posted an N.E.W. match in the Wrestling Video Library section of this wonderful forum. :D That match was from the early days of the promotion, and it was between the first two graduates of West Memphis, Arkansas's Nightmare Ken Wayne's School of Professional Wrestling (where a majority of the promotion's competitors come from), "3G" Eric Wayne - Ken's son/third-generation pro wrestler - and Kid Nikels.

The school has been in existence since 2006, and the training takes, on average, two years. Thus, the school was converted to a television studio and the promotion was started in fall of 2008, to give the students of the school a way to learn what it's like to be a part of a televised wrestling product, and to give the graduates a place to shine, and to provide a local showcase for other indie talent from abroad.

The point of the promotion is to bring a real throwback style to the wrestling community. Handshakes are required before and after each match, and rules are strictly enforced. Think early ROH, but with a Southern accent. In late May, they put on their first Internet PPV, Boiling Point, and it is now available for download, and I highly recommend it. (There will be a link at the bottom of this article, so those of you who may want to download the event will be able to.) Last night, they filmed their second iPPV, Scars & Stripes, and it should also be up for download pretty soon. I'll keep anyone who's interested updated.

Now, why am I giving this promotion free publicity? Well, it's admittedly not unselfishly. Because I was in attendance last night for the filming of Scars & Stripes, and I met with the Nightmare himself. After discussing training with him previously, I talked to just about every promotion worth my time within a 500-mile radius. The road led me back to Ken Wayne and N.E.W. After some discussion, there was a handshake agreement that as soon as I get the money, I'll begin training with their outfit. So, help the company grow! Check them out and make my working environment thrive! I love you guys like a great big family, I really do.

Here's the link: http://newexperiencewrestling.co/
The main event of Boiling Point alone is well worth the money spent, as it was a "N.E.W. Rules Waived" match between original graduate "The Devil's Assistant" Kid Nikels, and another Nightmare school grad by the name of Austin Lane.
Also of note, last night's Scars & Stripes event featured a match between Nikels and Byron Wilcott (Texas Wrestling Entertainment star/Texas Heavyweight Champion/Kong's alleged baby daddy).
And if you actually download either event and one of the commentators looks familiar, then it's just Downtown Bruno, known in the 1990's WWF as Harvey Whippleman. :))

Anywhooo... I love you guys, and thanks for reading this random rambling.