Thelone reviews OVW TV Episode 1141

PWG, MLW, AAW, WWN, etc
Thelone

Thelone reviews OVW TV Episode 1141

Post by Thelone » Jun 28th, '21, 14:22

Graphic and ten-bell salute for Melissa Coates.

Big Zo & Steve Michaels (w/ Josh Ashcraft) vs. Dustin Jackson & Kal Herro - *1/2
Herro ate heat for a while, then he made the hot tag to Jackson who did a bunch of dropkicks on both members of LOB, went for a pin on Zo and... the referee actually counted three because Michaels, who was standing three feet from them unopposed, was too late for the save. Clearly it wasn't supposed to be the finish because they all stood there like idiots before they made the result official. Anyway, Herro and Jackson dumped LOB out of the ring and posed.

Kennison and Shannon talked a bit about the special and how Shannon has a bounty on Shera so he doesn't make it there.

Outside in the parking lot with Luscious who really loves his car. Bizo and Haley (with her belt on) were hiding behind another and are about to have some sexy time with "Lola" I assume.

"The Good Word" with Reverend Ronnie Roberts - Entertaining, but...
Roberts brags about his win in the tournament, then introduces Godderz as his guest. It's kinda hard to disagree with his promo about how Pope did nothing to earn this title match and think he can just come in and be a champion again. Anyway, Burke appeared in another """live""" video cutting a fired up promo about how he's gonna take Godderz's title because he never held it before (well yeah, it's like a year old). While this was happening, Godderz was going crazy in the ring and removed his shirt to show off I guess. I'm not sure how to feel about this one frankly. Godderz sure is nailing this weird arrogant psycho character and Pope still can cut a pretty damn good promo, but this is literally all there is to this match. It was an entertaining segment with Roberts being a smarmy ass as usual and both guys' promos (and Godderz's reaction), but it's for a routine title defense and no one can possibly believe that Pope has a chance here.

Outside with our little couple and they stop a tow truck so he can move Luscious' car in a junkyard. Ok, do we need to see the truck do its thing for way too long?

A shitty commercial later, Luscious is about to leave but oh gasp, his car isn't there anymore. Luscious with a random skyward scream was way more funny than it should have been.

Jordan Kage vs. Tony Bizo (w/ Haley J) - **
Just an enhancement match for Bizo who hot-dogged a lot and got the win with a DDT after Haley tried to trip Kage.

Backstage, Lawrence stumbles on Shera and asks him about the car, but can't really help him. Luscious goes away and... Coffey randomly attacks Shera, but is quickly dispatched. *thinks for two seconds* Oh yeah, that bounty is still going on.

Somewhere in a dark blue room, Espinosa talks about how greed has corrupted the locker room and he'll take on the bounty on Shera to fight avarice, then he starts burning a bill.

Another sponsored segment which is just them showing "the move of the night". I see...

Brandon Espinosa vs. Mahabali Shera - NA
Or not. Shera was signing an autograph for a fan at ringside, only for that fan to squirt him with something and unmask himself as Adam Revolver, who's Shannon's celebrity manager in the tournament in case you already forgot.

So wait, the special is only available on FITE? Well looks like I'm skipping this one then, because I ain't paying $15 for such a lame card. Also I'm pretty sure this is the first time they're mentioning that change on screen, which isn't a good thing.

Arie Alexander vs. Ellie vs. Dani Mo - *
Winner will face Haley J at the special. They had a slow, plodding and clunky match in front of a mostly dead crowd (even the tower of doom spot barely got a reaction) and to the shock of absolutely no one, Mo won when she pinned Ellie after a Michinoku Driver.

Now they're mentioning FITE every two seconds. A bit late for that guys...

Backstage, Luscious is on the phone with "a sexy cop lady", but Bizo (still with Haley of course) lays him out and they left his Mustang's insignia on his forehead.

Oh man, a contract signing between Flo and Amir. What could possibly go wrong? Anyway, Kennison (and some lawyer with him) calmly explains that the contract for the match has already been signed by both parties (oh cool *closes Youtube*, ok no), but this is for extra paperwork (MY FAVORITE!!!) to ensure that this will be a 1-on-1 affair because it's going to be so dangerous, and a release of liability because they'll be doing unspeakable things to each other that will get them arrested outside the arena. Well they're certainly hyping this match as this crazy violent battle, I'll give them that. Anyway, both guys come out and sit at the table. Amir kinda repeats what he said the previous weeks about how he's gonna take sick pleasure hurting Flo for everything he did to him, and he signs the contract. Flo takes his sweet ass time, antagonises everybody and before he signs the contract, here comes Ashcraft who says that LOB doesn't sign anything before he reviews it first. He mentions seeing Amir's mom working somewhere, he gets mad and wouldn't you know it, Flo hits him with the title belt and starts beating him up. Of course they have a crappy table that breaks as soon as Flo puts Amir on it. "He punched him through the table", riiiight, that's totally what happened here Kennison. Flo has to improvise, so he put half the table and a chair on Amir, then does his top rope splash.

Yeah, I wasn't feeling this one, and it's been that way since Defiance. I can't say I'm too torn up missing the special (maybe I'll find it... somewhere TOTALLY LEGIT, but then it's just OVW so I doubt it) and if they're going to charge for them in the future, they better do a better job than that frankly.