ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3

cero2k
Site Admin

Re: Azteca Underground....the hype is real

Post by cero2k » Feb 18th, '21, 08:47

Big Red Machine wrote: Feb 18th, '21, 08:40 IT'S BACK?!
MLW is doing a bit of an invasion angle with Salina de la Renta, who is dealing with a mystery proprietor of Azteca Underground, hence the debut of Mil Muertes.

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Feb 18th, '21, 10:46

cero2k wrote: Feb 18th, '21, 08:47
Big Red Machine wrote: Feb 18th, '21, 08:40 IT'S BACK?!
MLW is doing a bit of an invasion angle with Salina de la Renta, who is dealing with a mystery proprietor of Azteca Underground, hence the debut of Mil Muertes.
Oh. That's less exciting.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Feb 18th, '21, 11:08

Big Red Machine wrote: Feb 18th, '21, 10:46
have you ever watched MLW?

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Feb 18th, '21, 11:24

cero2k wrote: Feb 18th, '21, 11:08
Big Red Machine wrote: Feb 18th, '21, 10:46
have you ever watched MLW?
Once (the big battle royale that Filthy Tom won. "Battle Riot," I think?). But I know that it won't have the budget of LU, and I don't know what the deal is with IP or their relations with AAA, so I can assume that we're not getting anything that will feel like real follow-up to LU (and even if we did, so many of the principals are now in AEW, plus a few in WWE, that it would take a lot of work to make it feel worthy).

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Feb 18th, '21, 14:18

Big Red Machine wrote: Feb 18th, '21, 11:24

Once (the big battle royale that Filthy Tom won. "Battle Riot," I think?). But I know that it won't have the budget of LU, and I don't know what the deal is with IP or their relations with AAA, so I can assume that we're not getting anything that will feel like real follow-up to LU (and even if we did, so many of the principals are now in AEW, plus a few in WWE, that it would take a lot of work to make it feel worthy).
oh yeah, this isn't the return of Lucha Underground, at least in terms of production or even concept, I just see a little power struggle feud between MLW and Promociones Dorado. All I want personally is to see Cueto back personally, and maybe Catrina, all of LU's worth watching wrestlers are contracted with other promotions anyway, so they'd have to start from scratch, which if we think about it and remember how chaotic the storylines got at the end of S4, it may be a blessing in disguise. As for AAA, MLW does have a relation with them, Lio Rush just won the AAA Cruiserweight title on an MLW show, so I think they'll book whoever can travel.

For what it's worth, I think you'd enjoy MLW programming, I haven't kept up weekly, but what I watch every now and then, it's a solid show

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Feb 18th, '21, 15:24

cero2k wrote: Feb 18th, '21, 14:18
Big Red Machine wrote: Feb 18th, '21, 11:24

oh yeah, this isn't the return of Lucha Underground, at least in terms of production or even concept, I just see a little power struggle feud between MLW and Promociones Dorado. All I want personally is to see Cueto back personally, and maybe Catrina, all of LU's worth watching wrestlers are contracted with other promotions anyway, so they'd have to start from scratch, which if we think about it and remember how chaotic the storylines got at the end of S4, it may be a blessing in disguise. As for AAA, MLW does have a relation with them, Lio Rush just won the AAA Cruiserweight title on an MLW show, so I think they'll book whoever can travel.

For what it's worth, I think you'd enjoy MLW programming, I haven't kept up weekly, but what I watch every now and then, it's a solid show
I really just don't have the bandwidth for it. I'm already a month behind on ROH and haven't watched anywhere near as much older stuff as I used to (and that's even with cutting out RevPro, a lot of NJPW, there not being much new from wXw, and nothing new from EVOLVE and PROGRESS).

Plus, of all of the "mid-level" promotions in North America (ROH, TNA, MLW, NWA) if feels like the one that is least worth investing time in because it feels like it is both most likely to go out of business, and like the place that loses the most talent.

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Mar 9th, '21, 13:44

Azteca cryptic tweet a hint?
source: https://mlw.com/2021/03/09/azteca-cryptic-tweet-a-hint/

As questions swirl surrounding the mysterious “El Jefe” of Azteca Underground, the company’s twitter account has become active.

With a tweet that has caught the attention of many, @AztecaLucha tweeted the below, which translates to: “The future saved me from death. Thanks @aaaerostar1.”

Is this a hint of what or who is behind Azteca Underground?

Is Aerostar the latest luchador to join this shadowy collective?

As more is Brough to the light about Azteca Underground, the more questions MLW.com has.

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Mar 9th, '21, 13:44