PWG, MLW, AAW, WWN, etc
cero2k
Site Admin

Cero Reviews NWA POWERRR 11.12: More Questions Than Answers

Post by cero2k » Nov 13th, '19, 09:35

NWA POWERRR
November 12, 2019
Atlanta, GA

The Rock n Roll Express Interview - Ricky hypes out the crowd for the Kingston/Cide vs Wild Card match tonight. Kingston and Cide come out and said that with the RnR's approval, ain't no way they lose tonight.

Trevor Murdoch vs Caleb Konley - 6.5/10
I can't believe that at two months from 2020, i'm a huge fan of Trevor Murdoch. Match was short, Murdoch looked strong, Caleb had a good time on top, but Murdoch came back to win it with a top rope Bulldog.

Aron Stevens Interview - He said he is done with the NWA. Good. He talked some stuff about Hollywood, but my head was already somewhere else. I really don't care about Stevens and his shitty gimmick.

Thunder Rosa & Marti Belle vs Crystal Rose & Brooklyn Creed - Squash
I love the name Brooklyn Creed. Rosa and Belle are communicating in Spanish in the ring, loved that. Rosa was awesome, she beat down Creed and won with a top rope Footstomp. Most Improved Contender for sure.

Thunder Rosa & Marti Belle Promo - Marquez asked Belle why she joined Rosa. Belle said that Rosa is where her future is. Thunder Rosa cut a promo in Spanish, with Belle translating. Rosa said that she had a vision of a Phoenix and that AK doesn't know what's coming for her. AWESOME!

Mark debuts next - Finally.

James Storm Promo - This is from last week after his match. He asked for his rematch, but then he said that he is going after Aldis. So I guess Cabana is safe.

Colt Cabana Interview - Cabana is happy for being the greatest Chicago wrestler ever and no one else comes close, especially sell outs. Cabana cut a good promo saying he's a fighting champion and he'll take on all challengers. Ricky Starks came out and challenged Cabana. Starks is poetry when he talks.

Dan Parker vs ?The Question Mark? - Squash
Question Mark is a master of Karate, he won with a Throat Thrust. He honestly looks like Stan Hansen with a mask.

Thunder Rosa's MMA Debut Video Package - Awesome, but she's supposed to be the biggest female heel in the promotion and now I'm rooting for her. Sexy Starr cameo. This was a trailer for a bigger documentary.

Eli Drake Promo - Drake came out uninvited and brought up Kamille's silence, but he said he doesn't care about that, he cares that Aldis is hiding something and that this secret was that Aldis fears Eli Drake. Fans started chanting for the Question Mark and Drake controlled them perfectly.

Wild Cards came out and told Drake to stay out of their business. Drake said he will make Kamille squeal right at Latimer's face. Ken Anderson came out and also went after Drake. Drake was awesome, Wild Card was good, but Anderson was a waste of time.

Billy Corgan Announcement - Weird seeing Corgan in the show. He promoted the email list. He said they have a lot of plans coming and that it all come via the email list.

Tony Falk Commercial - He is now promoting a wrestling farm, like to literally buy a babyface or heel. I love Tony Falk.

Nick Aldis Interview - Galli asked about Storm's comments. Aldis said that everyone thinks they deserve a shot, but it's his responsibility to remind everyone that neither the business nor the people 'deserve' anything. Aldis said that you get what you earn and he has earned everything he has. He said that he'll be at ringside for the upcoming match. THIS IS A WORLD CHAMPION!

NWA World Tag Team Match
The Wild Cards (C) vs Outlaw Inc. - 7/10
Kingston is still selling last week's leg injury, so he was the target of this match. He got cut off and worked on for a good while. Cide got a good hot tag, but for some reason Kingston returned to the match only to get his ass kicked again. Cide and Kingston had a little hope spot, but once Kingston was back in, it was a sealed deal, WC just killed him and took the win. Good match, Wild Card looked really strong.

Kamille came out and actually seemed annoyed with Aldis about the match. Everyone came out and got in everyone's face, but we had no audio.

OVERALL THOUGHTS
And we still don't have matches for Into the Fire. Ok show, i'm enjoying the women's stuff more that there is a better direction towards the title, everything else is too chaotic with too many players and too many tweeners. The title of the show is actually perfect and not for Question Mark's debut.

XIV

Re: Cero Reviews NWA POWERRR 11.12: More Questions Than Answers

Post by XIV » Nov 15th, '19, 01:59

We're heavily hinted at:

Storm vs Aldis for the PPV, but not confirmed.
Cabana vs Starks for the PPV, but not confirmed.
Drake and partner vs Wild Card is a possibility, but how will they have earned a title shot?
Thunder Rosa or Marti Belle vs AK, but not confirmed.

I can't really tell who'll face for the tag titles, because aside from Outlaw Inc, only the Dawsons are considered a good enough tag team but that makes a Heel vs Heel match. Unless they go down the route of Wild Card vs Rock N Roll Express.

I love Nick Aldis. The man just carries himself like an NWA Champion historically would. I really want him to hold the belt for a long long time and enter in a long running feud with Eli Drake where Drake eventually goes over because he's the only other person I see right now who could convincingly take the title from Aldis and carry it with prestigae. I'd love to see them verbally joust a lot more than we have too.

I'm intrigued to see what Tim Storm does next. I think I'd like to see him chase Cabana's title. I think he'd bring some prestiage to it as a former NWA champion veteran who accepts his limitation as this belt, but defends it and holds with all his honour because that's who he is.

I am however annoyed that, the first time we visualise Kamille actually speaking on this TV show has been wasted where there was no audio. The same effect would have been had if Kamille just silently tried to get to where she was trying to go and Nick Aldis was blocking her.

There's some unusual spots in most shows, like, Aron Stevens didn't really further himself, I'm feeling very meh on him and considering his status, we should all be feeling a bit higher on him. The Question Mark section did nothing for me and I don't really care for any reveal or unmasking, it hasn't gripped me. I LOVE Trevor Murdoch, what a classic NWA look he has and he is just perfect for this environment and I'm pleased that they're making him look good.

I continue to be in love with NWA.
Have A Nice Day!

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Nov 15th, '19, 09:05

pretty much agree with everything, the only thing is that I think it's gonna be Drake vs Anderson, maybe No 1. contenders to whoever wins between Aldis and Storm

XIV

Post by XIV » Nov 15th, '19, 23:36

cero2k wrote: Nov 15th, '19, 09:05 pretty much agree with everything, the only thing is that I think it's gonna be Drake vs Anderson, maybe No 1. contenders to whoever wins between Aldis and Storm
That could be Drake’s in as Number 1 contender.

Aldis and Drake have the potential for being an interesting feud in that both guys can be heel one minute and face the next. It would be interesting to see if they could use that dynamic in some way to further the feud.
Have A Nice Day!