PWG, MLW, AAW, WWN, etc
cero2k
Site Admin

Cero Reviews NWA POWERRR 10.15

Post by cero2k » Oct 15th, '19, 22:28

NWA POWERRR
October 8th, 2019
Atlanta, GA

We got a nice recap to open the show, mostly with the Aldis promo and the end of Tim Storm's title chase.

Aron Stevens Interview - Formerly known as Sandow, Stevens said that he's had a lot of success in TV, movies, and theater, and so he's been away from wrestling, but he heard a rumor that NWA was back and he wanted in. He asked for everyone to stop eye contact, which came off as comedy. He had no challenge just yet. Good promo, but I can't really say I can confirm about that 'success' out West.

Trevor Murdoch vs Ricky Starks - 6.5/10
Show your old man a picture of Murdoch in this ring and you'll trick him that this is straight from the 80's. This match was youth and speed vs power and experience. Murdoch was shown as a competent competitor, he had a lot of offense, he hanged on, he used smarts a lot, and it took Crucifix roll-up to pin him.

Ricky Starks Interview - Murdoch walked up to Starks and congratulated him saying "it just wasn't my night", I loved this. Starks said that he has a lot of goals, he said that he just doesn't want titles, but he wants to take his career and the NWA to another level. He showed tons of charisma, he cut an amazing narcissist promo.

Joe Galli Update - Just a reminder about last week's awkward moment between Aldis, Kamille, and Galli. He announced that he had a sit-down interview with both Aldis and Kamille.

"Into the Fire" NWA PPV coming to Atlanta, GA

Colt Cabana Interview - Galli asked about James Storm and Cabana's plans for the National Championship. Cabana said he is ready to get it back and the rest of the titles. He introduced his tag team partner for tonight -- Mr. Anderson.

Anderson was asked about why he was here and didn't really say shit, he was always praised for his mic skills and he didn't show it. Anderson looks out of shape too.

Mr. Anderson & Colt Cabana vs Jordan Kingsley & Sal Rinauro - Squash
Kingsley and Rinauro got about 2 strikes in all match. Cabana and Anderson just killed them. Anderson pinned Rinauro with the Mic Check.

We got a video of Aldis walking out of the building saying that he wasn't taking any more questions after the sit-down interview. Between this and Galli's announcement earlier, it seems like Galli asked some questions that Aldis didn't react well too. Ok, now they manage to make me interested in the interview, it sounds juicy! Interview takes place after the main event of tonight's episode.

Tony Falk Commercial - Awesome, he's selling Waffles and Tire Irons. I live for this!

Eddie Kingston & Homicide Promo - Great promo. Kyle Davis tried to interview them, but Kingston took over, saying that The Wild Ones are nothing until they beat him and Homicide.

Non-Title Match
NWA Women's Champion Allysin Kay vs Ashley Vox - 4.5/10
I know I've seen Vox somewhere, but I can't remember where, maybe did some jobs on Impact. Vox did a really good job dodging Kay's offense, but AK-47 was just to strong for her. Vox managed to kick out of some of Kay's big moves, and even for a good near fall after a running Cannonball, but ended up taking a Dudebuster Piledriver for the loss. I'm kinda surprised that Kay didn't squash her to be honest.

Allysin Kay Interview - Kay said that she hand picked Vox as her first fight because she wanted to showcase her, Kay invited her to the podium and told her she did good, just not good enough. She said she is happy she is in the roster. This is the nicest Kay has ever been.

James Storm Interview - He said that the National Championship is just a prop to him, a stepping stone to the World's Championship. He propped himself up with a nice promo, but he talked so much that eventually, he was interrupted. Eli Drake came out and told Storm to not minimize the National Championship, because that title means he is second in line to Aldis and tells him to hurry up and know that Drake is coming.

Austin Idol's School Commercial - Same as last week I think, still great.

NWA World Tag Team Championship Match
The Wild Cards (C) vs Kingston & Homicide - Dud
For all I know both teams are kinda heel, but given that Homicide worked the babyface in peril, I guess The Wild Ones are heelier. When Kingston finally got the hot tag, The Dawsons came out and attacked Cide and Kingston, and thus the ref called it a No Contest. What is it with refs calling No Contests for DQs now?

Dawsons took out The Wild Ones too and chaos kinda continued, but we cut to...

Galli Sit-down Interview With Nick Aldis and Kamille - Aldis first said put over Tim Storm.

Galli asked why he needed Kamille as an insurance policy, which Aldis kinda backfired and tried to divert the topic. Aldis said that at ALL IN, he lost the title to an inferior athlete (Insert CodyEar.gif), because of outside interference and a crooked referee, and so at NWA 70, Aldis brought an enforcer. Aldis asked Galli to number any event that Kamille has interfered, which Galli couldn't. Aldis brought up that he himself stopped Kamille when she tried to interfere in the match vs Scurll.

Galli asked Kamille what was in for her working with Aldis, but Kamille stayed quiet, with a face that shows that she understand her position with Aldis.

Good interview by Aldis, he talked well, but at the end, it really made it seem like he is a true honorable champion, and Galli came off as someone trying to stir the pot.

OVERALL THOUGHTS
Good show, I wouldn't say it was as smooth as last weeks, I could have done with less recaps from last week to be honest, and this was surely weaker inside the ring. It still went by fast.

Big Red Machine

Re: Cero Reviews NWA POWERRR 10.15

Post by Big Red Machine » Oct 15th, '19, 22:32

cero2k wrote: Oct 15th, '19, 22:28
Show your old man a picture of Murdoch in this ring and you'll trick him that this is straight from the 80's. This match was youth and speed vs power and experience. Murdoch was shown as a competent competitor, he had a lot of offense, he hanged on, he used smarts a lot, and it took Crucifix roll-up to pin him.
Isn't Trevor Murdoch dead?
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3

XIV

Post by XIV » Oct 16th, '19, 03:01

NWA Power is the show I’ve been waiting for. The saviour of wrestling is here, the TRUE alternative to all the crap out there now.
Have A Nice Day!

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Oct 16th, '19, 08:03

Big Red Machine wrote: Oct 15th, '19, 22:32
you're thinking of Lance Cade

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Oct 16th, '19, 08:34

cero2k wrote: Oct 16th, '19, 08:03
you're thinking of Lance Cade
Ah.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3

NWK2000

Post by NWK2000 » Oct 16th, '19, 09:54

That's Cade you're thinking of.
NWK Reviews is closed for business for now.