Thelone Reviews MLW Fusion Episode 72

PWG, MLW, AAW, WWN, etc
Thelone

Thelone Reviews MLW Fusion Episode 72

Post by Thelone » Aug 27th, '19, 15:51

We start immediately with Warner being arrested "earlier today" after what happened last week.

Quick rundown, then...

El Hijo de LA Park vs. Zenshi - **
Match had its moments, but that was a disjointed and sloppy affair otherwise with a finish that came out of nowhere. Zenshi won with a weird spinning cutter.

Post-match, Hijo hits Zenshi with a chair, because... well, what else did you expect from him?

The Hart Foundation cut a weird promo on Dynasty saying nothing of importance.

MLW will have a show in Tijuana with The Crash in october. MLW will also send Martinez there for a show in september.

We see Low Ki knocking jobbers out in seconds. He's interviewed next and says that he's focussing now on the middleweight division since it's closer to what he really is, kinda praises Teddy Hart, and then that he's only starting with Contra.

Contra cut a promo about demolishing Lawlor/Von Erichs and leaving them with nothing.

Minoru Tanaka will be back in october.

We're with SDR and Havoc, who's still there so it really wasn't a Loser leaves town after all. SDR admits that she's the reason why Warner is in jail, then Havoc cut a pretty decent promo about making Ol' Mancer's life miserable when he comes back.

The same control center for War Chamber, then the announcement of the rematch between Fatu and Lawlor for next week, which I'm sure will be a fair match with no bullshit at all, then we see an old Lawlor promo about Fatu and Contra.

Hammerstone won his first match in NOAH's N1 tournament. Back somewhere with Dynasty who bitch some more about the Foundation. Hammerstone can't stop staring at his fancy new gold watch, but says that he will bring more gold from Japan.

We see Aries' promo from last week, then FINALLY a tale of the tape between MJF and Hart.

OK, I don't know if those giant blocks of promos/vignettes/interviews are somehow less jarring on TV with commercial breaks in between, but this is AWFUL on the Youtube version.

MJF (w/ Aria Blake) vs. Teddy Hart (c) - ***
Before the match, MJF cut his usual promo and said that he will regain the title he never lost. Hart came out with Mr. Velvet because of course and some woman who was just here to bring the cat backstage. Hart got the biggest reaction I've seen in quite a while.

They started out with weird MINDGAMES, then Teddy did TWO BIG MOVES on MJF and Blake had to save him because he wasn't kicking out otherwise. That was oddly excessive is what I'm trying to say. Anyway, MJF took over and targetted the throat, which kinda went nowhere as soon as Teddy was back on offense. Of course we gotta have the badly-applied sharpshooter spot, then Blake gave MJF one of her high-heels and he tried to attack Hart with it, but the referee stopped him and Blake did a low blow to Teddy for a nearfall. Blake got ejected, and Teddy did a canadian destroyer to MJF for the win. Probably would have gone a bit higher without the ridiculously quick heel save spot, because the crowd was very into it (and yet MJF is not even on the All Out card, but I digress) and the final stretch was solid.

Next week : Fatu vs. Lawlor and Pillman Jr. vs. Holliday.

Better than the last two weeks, but I think I'm ready to move on to new storylines at this point.

cero2k
Site Admin

Re: Thelone Reviews MLW Fusion Episode 72

Post by cero2k » Aug 28th, '19, 14:17

Thelone wrote: Aug 27th, '19, 15:51
The same control center for War Chamber, then the announcement of the rematch between Fatu and Lawlor for next week, which I'm sure will be a fair match with no bullshit at all, then we see an old Lawlor promo about Fatu and Contra.
i'm kinda hoping it will be ALL bullshit, it's pretty obvious there will be a brawl that ends up with the reveal of the 4th member of team Lawlor, so part of me wants this match to never even take place out of the chaos so that we can get a proper match later on.

Thelone

Re: Thelone Reviews MLW Fusion Episode 72

Post by Thelone » Aug 29th, '19, 08:40

Well yeah, but I'm very much done with the Lawlor vs. Fatu/Contra feud for the time being. I hope they both move on to something else after War Chamber. It's not like Fatu doesn't have credible challengers besides Lawlor (DBSJ, LA Park with his not-MITB guaranteed title match, Hammerstone even although that would be heel vs. heel right now), and I would keep Lawlor off the show for a while frankly.

I'm starting to feel the same about Dynasty vs. Hart Foundation to be honest. The last few weeks felt like treading water more than anything and again, not having the blow-off in the War Chamber is a missed oportunity. I'm giving them a pass for the MJF situation and how it'll unfold, although that seems obvious to me.