PWG, MLW, AAW, WWN, etc
cero2k
Site Admin

Cero Reviews MLW Fusion EP 2: Havoc in Swerve City

Post by cero2k » Jan 16th, '19, 17:34

MLW Fusion EP 2: Havoc in Swerve City
April 27, 2018
Orlando, FL

Havoc vs Strickland Promo - Great stuff, it told me that Havoc has defeated Strickland already twice in MLW (meaning i've missed a lot?), and it showed that Havoc is willing to go the extra mile to get things down.

The Dirty Blondes w/Col. Robert Parker vs Team TBD - 6/10
Michael Patrick with the short hair and Leo Brian with the long on the Blondes side. Jason Cade and Jummy Yuta make TBD. This is a rematch from last week (not sure what show) when the Blondes cheated to win.

Match saw two pissed off quick kids take on two big lads. Cade and Yuta started out great, but soon after, The Blondes cut the ring in half on Cade with some really nice team work, super old school details. Blonde's dominance went on for a while until Cade manage to get some quick shots in, making an opening to get Yuta in, who came in hot. Finish saw Col. Parker trip Yuta, allowing Patrick to hit an elbow on the back of the neck for the win.

During the match, it was announced that there are plans for a Tag Team Tournament to crown tag champs.

Ultimo Ninja vs Garza Jr. w/Salina de la Renta - 8/10
Garza is so taped up, he may as well wear a t-shirt, he actually had suction cup treatment all over his right shoulder and back, it looks crazy. Match was initially wrestled as a Mexican lucha libre match, but once Garza revealed his heelish intentions, he started working more of an American style as he worked over Ninja.

Second half of the match was more back and forward. Ultimo Ninja had a great showing of athleticism in everything he did. Finish saw Garza go for an Okana Roll, but Salina managed to rip the mask off Ninja, making sure that Ninja couldn't even kick out of the pin. Great match, unfortunately, both men may not have long futures here in MLW.

Tom Lawlor Vignette - Awesome, this is the type of vignette that I was hoping since last episode.

Dirty Blondes and Cap. Parker Promo - Col. Parker is an amazing character, manager, and promo, except he didn't really say much.

MVP Promo - He talks about Callihan. He puts over the ranking system by saying that he's willing to put himself in danger against Callihan because it means going up on the ranking system and reaching the MLW title.

Non-title match
Shane "Swerve" Strickland vs Jimmy Havoc - 7/10
Strickland got a big near fall really early on with the Swerve Stomp. Story of the match was that neither man could put each other out with their big moves, Strickland was hitting cutters and foot stomps, but Jimmy kept kicking out, but later on, Jimmy hit the Acid Rainmaker, only for Strickland to kick out. Eventually, Strickland accidentally hit the ref, got himself a clear pin, and when he went to revive the ref, Havoc hit him with a low blow, rolled him up, and got him down for the pin, but Strickland manage to kick out. Finish saw Strickland hit a Swerve Stomp to the outside and one more inside for the win. Ok match, if Strickland won, I don't know why we needed the ref bump.

By the time this match broadcasted, Shane Strickland is already the world champ, however, I do believe this match was part of the very same tournament to crown the champ. It's weird, i'm saying this because Shane came out without the title and before his promo at the end, fans were chanting 'Next World Champ'. Maybe I got it wrong.

Post-match - Strickland gets interviewed at the ramp, he just kinda played the crowd.

OVERALL THOUGHTS
A good show. It did better to introduce me to the roster and once again, the in-ring action delivered, especially that Ninja vs Garza match. At this point I'm still not sure if I should just completely ignore any show outside of Youtube's fusion listing.