PWG, MLW, AAW, WWN, etc
cero2k
Site Admin

Cero Reviews MLW Fusion EP 1: When Worlds Collide

Post by cero2k » Jan 16th, '19, 16:04

MLW Fusion EP 1: When Worlds Collide
April 20, 2018
Orlando, FL.

Since thsi is the first episode of FUSION, i'll just go ahead and say that the Opening signature and show intro are awesome, already better quality than ROH.

ACH vs Austin Aries - 8.5/10
You won't miss when your opening match has ACH and Austin Aries. Great match that saw both ACH and Double A work without any babyface/heel alignment, but Aries being who he is, he always comes off slightly heelish. The match was back and forward, even when Aries started working over ACH's ribs, which at first ACH would sell the shot, but not the overall damage; however, as the match went on and Aries had gotten more and more shots at the ribs, so ACH slowed down more and more. Towards the second half of the match, ACH made a comeback and brought Aries down to his level, getting several near falls. Finish saw Aries get his knees up for ACH's 450, hit a discus forearm, running dropkick, and finish ACH off with a brainbuster. Awesome first match for FUSION.

Jimmy Havoc Promo - He claims that Florida has always paid for blood, and now he'll give them what they want.

Chico Adams vs Barrington Hughes - Squash
He breaks his Fastest Win record with one Rock Bottom and pin. He asks for competition after the match.

Rey Fenix vs Pentagon Jr. w/Salina de la Renta - 7.5/10
They got a standing ovation within the first 2-3 minutes of the match. If you've seen these two wrestle before, this wasn't much different, they started with fast paced reversals and kicks, they hit a few high spots and dives, brawled a bit outside the ring with mostly Pentagon working over Fenix, and finally, back to the ring, where Fenix made a comeback and they started chasing their signature moves. After a million moves, Pentagon won when he broke Fenix's arm and hit the Fear Factor for the win. Great match, arguably a spot fest compared to the opener, but the crowd was going crazy for it, so as the main event, it was well done.

OVERALL THOUGHTS
As a first impression, not only to the promotion, but to what FUSION will bring, this was good. Rich and Schiavone were great, production was high quality, and the wrestling top notch. My only real complain is that I come in not knowing anything, and I wasn't really told anything. I know Strickland is the champ because he's defending next week, but this being Episode 1, you'd figured i'd get better introductions of some of the mayor players, or at least give me homework and tell me which previous shows I'd should check out.