Rebirth of Chikara and its many questions

PWG, MLW, AAW, WWN, etc
Big Red Machine

Re: Rebirth of Chikara and its many questions

Post by Big Red Machine » Dec 7th, '15, 00:25

Since this thread has become the general dumping ground for CHIKARA storyline updates:
1. Apparently UltraMantis brought Kobald back to life, which means there is hope for the others who have died.
2. This one really isn't an update, but rather a clever comment I saw. Someone referred to the brainwashed Soldier Ant as "Winter Soldier Ant."
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Dec 7th, '15, 08:50

Big Red Machine wrote:Since this thread has become the general dumping ground for CHIKARA storyline updates:
1. Apparently UltraMantis brought Kobald back to life, which means there is hope for the others who have died.
2. This one really isn't an update, but rather a clever comment I saw. Someone referred to the brainwashed Soldier Ant as "Winter Soldier Ant."
Also, an Archibald Peck just realized that he is going to die in the future, I think he's going to try and change the present by changing stuff in his own time

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Dec 7th, '15, 08:54

cero2k wrote:
Big Red Machine wrote:Since this thread has become the general dumping ground for CHIKARA storyline updates:
Also, an Archibald Peck just realized that he is going to die in the future, I think he's going to try and change the present by changing stuff in his own time
The only problem with that theory is that R.D. Evans has supposedly retired. CHIKARA being CHIKARA, it is possible that he could work for them a few times a year, but he has stopped working everywhere else, too (including ROH, which was probably his biggest paycheck, and the Texas indies which were basically his home promotions).

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Dec 7th, '15, 09:07

Big Red Machine wrote: The only problem with that theory is that R.D. Evans has supposedly retired. CHIKARA being CHIKARA, it is possible that he could work for them a few times a year, but he has stopped working everywhere else, too (including ROH, which was probably his biggest paycheck, and the Texas indies which were basically his home promotions).
i wouldn't expect him to come back a full time wrestler, but i can't think of many things that they could do with what happened in that segment. Maybe he can change something in the present for someone else, but still die because you can't stop the inevitable, and just change how he dies

edit: just saw this, hadn't seen the stuff about the yearbook

"Gavin Loudspeaker introduced Chikara's Director of Fun, Mike Quackenbush. Quack mentions the 2015 Chikara Yearbook and the lights in the arena go out. When they return up, Archibald Peck appears standing in the ring. He sees Quack and the yearbook then shoves Quack to take it. Peck reads through the yearbook and appears to find out his demise last season at the hands of Deucalion. Peck freaked out and left through the crowd yelling at people not to touch him. This was a pay off of a storyline nearly 5 years old where Peck was sent into the future and returned with the Chikara 2015 Yearbook. The crowd went crazy for this.

From the Wrestling Observer"

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Dec 7th, '15, 21:42

New theory is that Argus is the result of Titor Conglomerate animal experimentation mentioned on the No Private Army blog.

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Dec 8th, '15, 09:20

Big Red Machine wrote:New theory is that Argus is the result of Titor Conglomerate animal experimentation mentioned on the No Private Army blog.
i wouldn't be surprised if the whole new wave of animal wrestlers fall under the same excuse.

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Jun 3rd, '18, 03:55

Five years since the shutdown. Still no answers.

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Jun 4th, '18, 07:52

at this point, i don't think we'll ever get answers. Also, 5 years, fuck it's been that long already

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Jun 5th, '23, 09:35

I (kind of) finally got us some answers!

https://redcircle.com/shows/between-the ... c45d2ff47e

(Yes, they pronounce my last name wrong and I'm too nice to correct them).

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation