Some CHIKARA Identities

PWG, MLW, AAW, WWN, etc
Big Red Machine

Some CHIKARA Identities

Post by Big Red Machine » Jun 1st, '13, 22:20

So I don't know if any of these are true, but on the internet seems to agree that:

Soldier Ant is
Hidden text.
Drew Gulak
Fire Ant is
Hidden text.
Orange Cassidy
The Ice Creams are
Hidden text.
Quack and Hallowicked
And everyone knows that Darkness Crabtree is
Hidden text.
Quack
, but I have heard that on occasion is played by
Hidden text.
Icarus
AssailANT is
Hidden text.
a random indy worker named Nelson Orton, not trained by Quack/Claudio
Hydra is
Hidden text.
Leslie Butterscotch... who was also Dieter Von Stiegerwalt... I also read a rumor that he is also Green Ant, but I don't believe it
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3

cero2k
Site Admin

Re: Some CHIKARA Identities

Post by cero2k » Jun 2nd, '13, 09:39

los ice cream i find it hard to believe that they've never fought with Quackensaw of Halloweicked in all this time. Some others i can believe.

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Aug 17th, '14, 00:57

The Latvian Proud Oak is...
Hidden text.
R.D. Evans

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Sep 10th, '14, 10:30

according to Wiki

The Flood's Super Beast Leader Deucalion is
Hidden text.
that young knockout kid Chris Hero

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Sep 10th, '14, 13:04

cero2k wrote:according to Wiki

The Flood's Super Beast Leader Deucalion is
Hidden text.
that young knockout kid Chris Hero
HOLY F*CKING SH*T!

That would actually make perfect sense on a number of levels.

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Dec 30th, '14, 20:26

Mr. Azerbaijan is
Hidden text.
Chuck Taylor

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Jun 25th, '15, 10:21

Chiva Kid is/was
Hidden text.
Andrew Everett

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Jun 25th, '15, 10:38

cero2k wrote:Chiva Kid is/was
Hidden text.
Andrew Everett
Which explains comments Corino had made at one point about him being too young to wrestle legally so he did so under a mask instead.

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Jul 18th, '15, 23:32

Green Ant/Silver Ant is
Hidden text.
some guy named named Tracy "Hot Sauce" Williams
The Shard is/was
Hidden text.
John Silver from CZW

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Jul 20th, '15, 10:08

Big Red Machine wrote:
The Shard is/was
Hidden text.
John Silver from CZW
WHAT!? he looked so much taller as Shard, are we talking the same John Silver from Beaver Boys?

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Jul 20th, '15, 10:12

cero2k wrote:
Big Red Machine wrote:
The Shard is/was
Hidden text.
John Silver from CZW
WHAT!? he looked so much taller as Shard, are we talking the same John Silver from Beaver Boys?
I assume so. Maybe it's because most CHIKARA guys are short?

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Jul 20th, '15, 10:19

Big Red Machine wrote:
cero2k wrote:
Big Red Machine wrote:
The Shard is/was
Hidden text.
John Silver from CZW
I assume so. Maybe it's because most CHIKARA guys are short?
i just remembered him being closer to jigsaw's height, and he's huge, but yeah, i see it now. weird that i hate silver, but loved shard

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Oct 14th, '16, 18:09

I just barely found out that Hieracon from the Osirian Portal was Jonathan Gresham all along

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Oct 15th, '16, 17:37

cero2k wrote:I just barely found out that Hieracon from the Osirian Portal was Jonathan Gresham all along
I'm pretty sure this was public within the kayfabe world of CHIKARA.

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Oct 15th, '16, 18:02

Big Red Machine wrote:
cero2k wrote:I just barely found out that Hieracon from the Osirian Portal was Jonathan Gresham all along
I'm pretty sure this was public within the kayfabe world of CHIKARA.
yeah, i guess i just had no idea who he was until he came to ROH

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Dec 17th, '16, 17:00

Big Red Machine wrote:Green Ant/Silver Ant is
Hidden text.
"some guy"

now he's the leader of the top stable in your favorite promotion

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Dec 17th, '16, 17:20

cero2k wrote:
Big Red Machine wrote:Green Ant/Silver Ant is
Hidden text.
"some guy"

now he's the leader of the top stable in your favorite promotion
Which shows why Gabe is so great. When I posted that, he had wrestled a grant total of three matches there. And now he's a top guy less than a year and a half later.

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Dec 17th, '16, 17:26

Big Red Machine wrote: Which shows why Gabe is so great. When I posted that, he had wrestled a grant total of three matches there. And now he's a top guy less than a year and a half later.
I think the props go to Tracy, many guys have come and gone from EVOLVE in the last year, Williams just has the talent to overcome that and stayed with the company enough to see the top guys leave one by one, half of last year's roster is gone now. Gabe IMO just worked with the guys that he knew would stay with him regardless and you just can't ignore someone like Williams.

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Dec 17th, '16, 17:59

cero2k wrote:
Big Red Machine wrote: Which shows why Gabe is so great. When I posted that, he had wrestled a grant total of three matches there. And now he's a top guy less than a year and a half later.
I think the props go to Tracy, many guys have come and gone from EVOLVE in the last year, Williams just has the talent to overcome that and stayed with the company enough to see the top guys leave one by one, half of last year's roster is gone now. Gabe IMO just worked with the guys that he knew would stay with him regardless and you just can't ignore someone like Williams.
Obviously Tracy has the talent and wouldn't have gotten the push if he didn't, but I totally disagree with you on "so many guys have come and gone from EVOLVE in the last year." I mean... I'm not disputing your facts, but I disagree with the sentiment inherent in the statement. Have they lost a bunch of top guys? Yes. And not just to WWE, but even to ROH and LU, too. Hell, they've even lost some undercard guys to WWE and TNA (and debatably ROH, though I think ROH was always doing more with Rush than Evolve was). And yet it has still always felt like Evolve has more guys who could be believably plugged into a main event spot than any of those companies (and TNA, maybe even New Japan).
Who has come in to Evolve in the past two years that hasn't worked out? You could argue the Bravados and Team Tremendous, although it's possible they were only ever supposed to come in for the tag title tournament and associated stuff. Darby Allin had a story that worked, and that story was even used as the foundation for making Jaka and Dickinson's entrance work. The Gatekeepers worked out, Ethan Page was pretty much a main eventer within six months (and certainly within a year). Williams was at least seen as someone bordering on that scene within nine months of becoming a regular member of the roster and has been main-event level for a few months now. TJP in six. Riddle was main-event level within four. Yehi is seen as a guy ready to break out, to the point where Gabe has put the tag titles on him and the guy who was booking FIP before Gabe took over put their belt on him. Some people haven't like Cody's in-ring work, but he definitely feels like a main eventer. Maye you could argue that DUSTIN and (especially) EC III also haven't lived up to Evolve's in-ring standards, but they both definitely were booked in such a way that made them feel like big deals (especially Ethan).
Evolve has had a super-talented roster. So has ROH during that time period. Is here even ANYONE that ROH has managed to make a star out of during that time? You could argue for War Machine, I guess. You could argue for Dalton, but I'll argue that the booking has had absolutely nothing to do with his stardom. Dijak, Cedric, ACH, Sydal, Rush, etc. have all spent the past two years just meandering around not doing anything. Dalton has managed to do barely more than nothing. They keep screwing Page up every time they want to do something with him, and Silas seems to be headed that same direction now. They're been pushing White as in not beating him and putting him over on commentary, but it's been six months now and he hasn't even had a storyline!
Or look at TNA? Who have they managed to elevate in that time period? Certainly they have made no new main eventers other than arguably Eddie. They've made a nice upper-midcard guy in Eli Drake, but everyone else that has been pushed as top talent in recently was someone they brought in at that level (Bennett, Lashley, Moose, Cody, Galloway- Rex is already down to the midcard). Matt Hardy got himself over with no help from TNA.
Yes, the talent has to be there, but to completely discount the role of the booker in getting the talent there is ridiculous, and especially when you consider Gabe's track record. Gabe knows how to make a main eventer. When Gabe gives someone a win, it means something. In 99% of the other promotions out there, it doesn't (and even if it does they'll just screw it up like WWE almost did with Owens or like ROH did with Page).

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Dec 17th, '16, 21:18

I'm not completely discrediting Gabe in his booking, he has made a lot of things worked, primarily as you mentioned, he keeps his booking in a way that 3/4 of the roster could main event a show and not feel out of place. But what i think is his best quality is his eye on talent (since his ROH days), he is like NXT to me, he knows who to bring in to maintain the quality of his shows, Gatekeepers, Williams, Gulak, now Cobb, etc. they're all working because they were already to the top guys in their first promotions, aside from Riddle (who is a natural) and Yehi (who i really don't know where he's been before, and I still don't see him as a top guy), I don't know many guys he has taken to the top from scratch (granted not many 'big' promotions are doing this now a days), once you have the talent, you just pay attention to your booking, your records and you're good to go, because that's his thing, he pays attention to wins and loses, but it's not like he is creating super intricate storylines or awesome gimmicks that everyone is talking about. Tracy Williams is awesome in EVOLVE, but if he shows up anywhere else, he's not that well known.
But some guys definitely didn't work out that much IMO, Rich Swann, Ciampa, Busick, Barreta, Trevor Lee, Dragon Azteca (they could still use him as Rey Horus), Tommy End (even as a champ), Scurll, ECIII, Zack Sabre still feels like a special attraction. Bravados and Dark City Fight Club only worked because there wasn't much competition those years. The Premier Athlete Brand felt big as a group, but I never saw Nese, TJP, or Konley as top guys by themselves. DUSTIN I actually give props to Gabe because, aside from the FIST years, he's the only one that has made Chucky T seem credible, even his current PWG streak feels like a fluke.

I don't think it's fair to compare all promotions on how they have created stars, personally LU and PWG have created more stars in the US this year (and in Mexico actually), two years ago not many knew guys like Pentagon, Fenix, Mike Bailey, Taya, Trevor Lee, Scurll, Ospreay, Cobb, Dragon Azteca. LU revived the careers of Mundo or Vampiro for example. PWG made Candice and Joey worth booking. From scratch Dario Cueto is now one of the top gimmicks. if you ask me, PWG did more for O'Reilly and Cole than ROH did when they were barely becoming main eventers.

ROH, we've talked many times about this, their Dojo sucks at creating stars, and the other part of the roster is full of older guys now that are super talented, but there is no space to create new ones, Dalton Castle is not a ROH gimmick, he was doing that in Pittsburgh before he came to ROH. Same with Rush or Gresham. Moose I'd say is the only star that ROH has created in the last 2-3 yrs by themselves.

TNA is weird in this sense, their booking sucks, yet they HAVE created some stars IMO. Somehow Lashley, ECIII, Matt Hardy, Bully Ray, Taryn Terrell, even Crazzy Steve and Decay, they all somehow managed to grow a lot in the wasteland that is TNA. Today if any of those suddenly appeared at ROH or WWE, it would feel like a big thing.