BRM Reviews CHIKARASaurus Rex, King of Sequel: Night 2

PWG, MLW, AAW, WWN, etc
Big Red Machine

BRM Reviews CHIKARASaurus Rex, King of Sequel: Night 2

Post by Big Red Machine » Apr 15th, '13, 17:29

CHIKARASaurus Rex, King of Sequel: Night 2 (7/31/2011)- Philadelphia, PA

MAKOTO vs. MIYAKO MATSUMOTO- 4/10
I really wasn’t impressed at all by this match.

ARCHIBALD PECK PROMO- decent

DASHER HATFIELD vs. ARCHIBALD PECK (w/Veronica)- good comedy match.

MIMA SHIMODA vs. DAIZEE HAZE- 6/10
Wrestling fans often joke about Daizee’s thickness (or lack thereof), but she really does not look healthy tonight. Shimoda’s axe kicks looked absolutely sick.

SPECTRAL ENVOY vs. 3.OLE- 6.75/10
We get some great action until Tim Donst comes out and attacks Frightmare. Hallowicked and 3.0 then go confront the BDK on the stage, leaving Generico alone with UMB who hits him with the Preying Mantis Bomb and gets the win.

CHUCK TAYLOR & JOHNNY GARGANO vs. ATLANTIS & REY BUCANERO- 4/10
Was going fine until the super-heelish finish (Gargano pulled an Eddie). This just felt cheap. Like they had two big names in from Mexico and didn’t use them at all.

12 LARGE SUMMIT MATCH: Jigsaw (0-1) vs. Eddie Kingston (1-0)- 8/10
Awesome match!

COLT CABANA PROMO- decent

MIKE QUACKENBUSH & JOHNNY SAINT vs. COLT CABANA & JOHNNY KIDD- 5.5/10
I appreciate good, technical British wrestling as much as the next guy, but this dragged on for WAY too long. It was definitely over twenty-five minutes and should have ended around fifteen. It was just people putting holds on each other and escaping and it never felt like they were working a body part of building to anything. It never felt like the action escalated at all past what it was in the very beginning of the match, and as a result, I (and the live crowd, too) just lost interest.

JOSHIMANIA ANNOUNCEMENT- pretty damn cool.

CLAUDIO CASTAGNOLI PROMO- it was all in German, so I didn’t understand any of it, but Claudio definitely sounded mean and pissed.

12 LARGE SUMMIT MATCH: Claudio Castagnoli (1-1) (w/Tursas) vs. Sara Del Rey (1-0) (w/Daizee Haze)- 8/10
A GREAT match and a great payoff elevated by an ultra-hot crowd! After the match, Claudio attacks Sara from, behind. Daizee stands up to Claudio, so Claudio chokeslams her.

Overall a great show from CHIKARA with a great payoff to a big angle.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3