BRM Reviews PWG It's a Gift... and a Curse

PWG, MLW, AAW, WWN, etc
Big Red Machine

BRM Reviews PWG It's a Gift... and a Curse

Post by Big Red Machine » Mar 9th, '13, 20:33

PWG It’s a Gift… and a Curse (4/5/2008)- Reseda, CA

KUROMI vs. HELLO KITTY- 4.5/10
A dumb idea that went on way longer than it should have, but the match was still wrestled well. The commentary was entertaining, though, and I popped huge when fans tried to sing an Elmer Fudd-esque “KILL THE WABBIT!”

IF BINO LOSES, HE WILL NEVER WRESTLE IN PWG AGAIN: Bino Gambino vs. Nemesis- 4/10

DDT4 QUALIFING MATCH: Scorpio Sky & Ronin vs. TJ Hooker (TJ Perkins & Hook Bomberry)- 5.5/10

SCOTT LOST & JOEY RYAN PROMO- bad. They tried to be funny but not only were they not funny, they also fumbled over words a lot. Especially Lost.

CLAUDIO CASTAGNOLI vs. SCOTT LOST- 6/10
After the match Super Dragon attacks Scott Lost which leads to…

SUPER DRAGON & JOEY RYAN BRAWL- 6.75/10
Went on long enough for me to rate it as a match. It was pretty good, but I thought Joey got up from the curb stomp onto a chair way too soon.

NICK JACKSON vs. BRANDON BONHAM- 6/10
Decent showing from both men.

LOS LUCHAS vs. NOSAWA & MAZADA- 7/10
Good tag team action

RODERICK STRONG vs. CHRIS HERO (w/Candice LeRae)- 7.75/10
Hero loses due to a distraction and interference by Claudio Castagnoli. After the match Claudio tires to hit Candice with the big swing but Hero makes the save and hits Claudio with the Hero’s Welcome. This was the first time in a long time that Hero and Candice came out on top if things at the end, and it felt like a big moment for the Hero vs. Tornado feud. Hero then cuts a great promo.

CHRIS HERO BACKSTAGE PROMO- good.

Overall, a decent show from PWG. I would recommend it if you are a fan of the Hero vs. Tornado feud, but other than that, it is skippable if you are short on cash.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3

yourcrapsweak

Re: BRM Reviews PWG It's a Gift... and a Curse

Post by yourcrapsweak » Mar 9th, '13, 22:36

The opening match is gold. If you didn't enjoy it at any point you have no soul lol.
"I was trending worldwide on Twitter once. And then I looked in my wallet, and there was no money in there."
-Kevin Steen

Big Red Machine

Re: BRM Reviews PWG It's a Gift... and a Curse

Post by Big Red Machine » Mar 9th, '13, 23:07

yourcrapsweak wrote:The opening match is gold. If you didn't enjoy it at any point you have no soul lol.
I enjoyed the KILL THE WABBIT! chant.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3