Search found 551 matches

by NWK2000
Nov 18th, '18, 23:32
Forum: WWE - World Wrestling Entertainment / Federation
Topic: BRM Reviews WWE Survivor Series 2018 (BAD)
Replies: 4
Views: 22

Re: BRM Reviews WWE Survivor Series 2018 (BAD)

That might be what they're going for, but if they think there is a snowball's chance in hell of making Becky a heel at this point, they're absolutely insane. She is a heel right now, albeit a cool heel, like Steve Austin. Also... can we get a quick show of hand on who actually has any desire to see...
by NWK2000
Nov 18th, '18, 22:02
Forum: WWE - World Wrestling Entertainment / Federation
Topic: BRM Reviews WWE Survivor Series 2018 (BAD)
Replies: 4
Views: 22

Re: BRM Reviews WWE Survivor Series 2018 (BAD)

This really feels like the worst thing they could have done. It feels like all at once they are trying to clumsily to plug Charlotte into the top heel role they wanted Becky in while also trying to turn Charlotte into Becky got turned into by accident, which will both dilute Becky and build up even...
by NWK2000
Nov 16th, '18, 11:11
Forum: Blogs / Columns / Rants
Topic: Fighting With My Family (Official Trailer)
Replies: 8
Views: 70

Re: Fighting With My Family (Official Trailer)

It just isn't the same without Paige going "Hi, Paige here" as the cold open to it. In fact I'll give the movie a zero on Rotten Tomatoes if it doesn't have it. I'm just gonna give it zero for the fact that she is called Paige in the movie before getting even signed I can see where you're coming fr...
by NWK2000
Nov 15th, '18, 01:25
Forum: Blogs / Columns / Rants
Topic: Fighting With My Family (Official Trailer)
Replies: 8
Views: 70

Re: Fighting With My Family (Official Trailer)

It just isn't the same without Paige going "Hi, Paige here" as the cold open to it. In fact I'll give the movie a zero on Rotten Tomatoes if it doesn't have it.
by NWK2000
Nov 15th, '18, 01:23
Forum: Wrestling Audio and Video
Topic: That time a Hey You Pikachu commercial referenced the WWF
Replies: 0
Views: 27

That time a Hey You Pikachu commercial referenced the WWF

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MJztKb_6BGE The reference is very brief and happens around 1:46. It's just mindblowing to me that the mom A. Assumes WWF is being watched when anything is broken, and B. Was so in the cultural zeitgeist at the time that that was deemed relatable enough for the people...
by NWK2000
Nov 14th, '18, 10:01
Forum: ROH - Ring Of Honor
Topic: NWK Reviews Chris Jericho's Rock n' Wrestling Rager at Sea (awful)
Replies: 9
Views: 301

Re: NWK Reviews Chris Jericho's Rock n' Wrestling Rager at Sea (awful)

yeah, i don't disagree with you. The Dalton Castle was for the most part an inner circle joke, only a few recognized him when he came out, it was mostly all silence during his entrance, but I mean, it's the only time Dalton is ever gonna wrestle in a boat, i can totally understand wanting to capita...
by NWK2000
Nov 14th, '18, 08:08
Forum: Smackdown w/Talking Smack
Topic: BRM Reviews the 11/13/2018 Smackdown (great until...)
Replies: 10
Views: 153

Re: BRM Reviews the 11/13/2018 Smackdown (great until...)

I feel like they didn't turn Bryan heel as much as they turned him tweener. I can't see anyone booing Bryan for any reason ever, unless he did something shitty out of kayfabe out of the ring. That doesn't make him not a heel. Also, they were booing him tonight when he attacked AJ after the match. T...
by NWK2000
Nov 14th, '18, 08:07
Forum: Blogs / Columns / Rants
Topic: Why I almost quit watching, and then I didn't
Replies: 2
Views: 104

Why I almost quit watching, and then I didn't

Last night was a rough one for me as a wrestling fan. Becky Lynch, one of my favorite new acts, is injured because of carelessness, Daniel Bryan is a heel. So many questons swimming around in my head, and answers that made me angry almost universally. I wondered if I should stop watching WWE. "Every...
by NWK2000
Nov 14th, '18, 07:46
Forum: Smackdown w/Talking Smack
Topic: BRM Reviews the 11/13/2018 Smackdown (great until...)
Replies: 10
Views: 153

Re: BRM Reviews the 11/13/2018 Smackdown (great until...)

I feel like they didn't turn Bryan heel as much as they turned him tweener. I can't see anyone booing Bryan for any reason ever, unless he did something shitty out of kayfabe out of the ring.
by NWK2000
Nov 14th, '18, 07:15
Forum: RAW w/RAWTalk
Topic: BRM Rants at the 11/12/2018 Raw (TERRIBLE)
Replies: 19
Views: 335

Re: BRM Rants at the 11/12/2018 Raw (TERRIBLE)

I'm firmly on board the Nia to NXT bandwagon. Beyond helping her get better, atm, Nia would actually fit right in to their mix really well! Nia Jox/Lacey Evans program would be a lot of fun, Candice/Nia would be even better, and Nia vs Shayna has a Hogan/Andre feel to it - it'd be crazy to see Shay...
by NWK2000
Nov 13th, '18, 21:38
Forum: RAW w/RAWTalk
Topic: BRM Rants at the 11/12/2018 Raw (TERRIBLE)
Replies: 19
Views: 335

Re: BRM Rants at the 11/12/2018 Raw (TERRIBLE)

On a semi-related note, have you seen Nia punch the shit out of Becky? That looked intentional as hell
phpBB [video]
by NWK2000
Nov 13th, '18, 21:02
Forum: ROH - Ring Of Honor
Topic: NWK Reviews Chris Jericho's Rock n' Wrestling Rager at Sea (awful)
Replies: 9
Views: 301

Re: NWK Reviews Chris Jericho's Rock n' Wrestling Rager at Sea (awful)

I saw the show, I didn't think it was awful, but nothing really worth going out of your way to watch. It was what it was supposed to be, a fun show for a unique setting. It's a cruise, no one should be expecting a Final Battle to happen at a cruise. This was supposed to be more like a Night of Hoop...
by NWK2000
Nov 11th, '18, 09:17
Forum: ROH - Ring Of Honor
Topic: NWK Reviews Chris Jericho's Rock n' Wrestling Rager at Sea (awful)
Replies: 9
Views: 301

Re: NWK Reviews Chris Jericho's Rock n' Wrestling Rager at Sea (awful)

Sea of Honor Tournament Quarter Final match Christopher Daniels vs "Smooth Sailing" Ashley Remington [/b] We are told Dalton Castle is concussed because he was hit in the head with a title belt in the first round, and replacing him is Ashley Remington, who is VERY clearly Dalton Castle. Colt plays ...
by NWK2000
Nov 11th, '18, 00:43
Forum: ROH - Ring Of Honor
Topic: NWK Reviews Chris Jericho's Rock n' Wrestling Rager at Sea (awful)
Replies: 9
Views: 301

NWK Reviews Chris Jericho's Rock n' Wrestling Rager at Sea (awful)

Sea of Honor Tournament Quarter Final match Christopher Daniels vs "Smooth Sailing" Ashley Remington [/b] We are told Dalton Castle is concussed because he was hit in the head with a title belt in the first round, and replacing him is Ashley Remington, who is VERY clearly Dalton Castle. Colt plays ...
by NWK2000
Nov 6th, '18, 08:42
Forum: Blogs / Columns / Rants
Topic: Help Make WR's Main Page Look Cooler
Replies: 6
Views: 129

Re: Help Make WR's Main Page Look Cooler

Big Red Machine wrote:
Nov 5th, '18, 23:59
NWK2000 wrote:
Nov 5th, '18, 23:37
Big Red Machine wrote:
Nov 5th, '18, 21:53


I kind of figured you'd want that one.
Why's that?
Seemed like your thing. I figured you'd jump at that one or Starrcade 88, or one of the WCW 2001 shows.
I'll do WCW 2001 at some point too. From what I saw of Greed I enjoyed it!
by NWK2000
Nov 5th, '18, 23:37
Forum: Blogs / Columns / Rants
Topic: Help Make WR's Main Page Look Cooler
Replies: 6
Views: 129

Re: Help Make WR's Main Page Look Cooler

Big Red Machine wrote:
Nov 5th, '18, 21:53
NWK2000 wrote:
Nov 5th, '18, 21:26
WM 6 has been on my review docket for a bit, I'd be happy to do WWF 1990.
I kind of figured you'd want that one.
Why's that?
by NWK2000
Nov 5th, '18, 21:44
Forum: Blogs / Columns / Rants
Topic: Old Timers and Crown Jewel
Replies: 17
Views: 245

Old Timers and Crown Jewel

I think an important way to start this off is to say in no way am I defending the booking of Crown Jewel. Most of it was a train wreck. It heavily relied on booking that favored stars of the past and stars that only wrestle part time. But what shocks me the most about it is the venomous hatred smart...
by NWK2000
Nov 5th, '18, 21:26
Forum: Blogs / Columns / Rants
Topic: Help Make WR's Main Page Look Cooler
Replies: 6
Views: 129

Re: Help Make WR's Main Page Look Cooler

WM 6 has been on my review docket for a bit, I'd be happy to do WWF 1990.
by NWK2000
Oct 25th, '18, 12:18
Forum: NXT & 205Live
Topic: BRM Reviews the 10/24/2018 NXT (Mystery Solved)
Replies: 11
Views: 195

Re: BRM Reviews the 10/24/2018 NXT (Mystery Solved)

What has Gargano not done as a babyface, yet? WIN THE BELT. Have a touching moment with his wife. Now that you say that, I'm sure we'll see this when he comes back to the light, wins the title, and makes up with his wife a la Savage and Elizabeth at WM8 sans retirement. It's just a twist that makes...
by NWK2000
Oct 25th, '18, 10:24
Forum: NXT & 205Live
Topic: BRM Reviews the 10/24/2018 NXT (Mystery Solved)
Replies: 11
Views: 195

Re: BRM Reviews the 10/24/2018 NXT (Mystery Solved)

Just kidding. It was Johnny Gargano. I don't like this. It seemed like they had just turned Gargano back solidly babyface. It also leaves open the plot thread of what Nikki "knows" that Ciampa did, and Ohno as well. Her seeing one thing up on that roof I can buy. Three different mega-secret things ...